I like this guy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like this guy

Last edited by dubs; 03-08-2019, 10:14 PM.

what worries me is that higher education curiculums have been feminized. Young men are dropping out of education and have fewer career prospects beyond competing with economic migrants in low paid dirty and dangerous jobs.
    ~~~ PEr aRDUa ad asTrA ~~~
    (through adversity to the stars)

Comment

Originally posted by Angelica View Post
      what worries me is that higher education curiculums have been feminized. Young men are dropping out of education and have fewer career prospects beyond competing with economic migrants in low paid dirty and dangerous jobs.
      Yes and no.

I mean plenty of roughneck jobs pay well, and to a certain extent higher education has always been the domain of effeminate dandies aka "gentlemen."

But real opportunity to thrive won't be in stagnant expensive overcivilized countries, it'll be in developing and emerging markets, the wild wild west, asia, africa, india, etc etc.

Also factor in, we are in late stage capitalism, they're about to put 25 million people out of work with self-driving cars.

Once they automate the police and the military, it's over.

The in-demand career of the future is mortuary science.

Comment

Originally posted by dubs View Post

I mean plenty of roughneck jobs pay well, and to a certain extent higher education has always been the domain of effeminate dandies aka "gentlemen."
        Hence why trans women are often talented in things like software engineering?

Joking apart, there has always been an "intellectual" class to humanity... people whose dedication is to science and arts or "spiritual"matters. IDK if we are necessarily effeminate, but we do serve a purpose that goes beyond the traditional male/female dichotomy (3rd gender afterall?)
        In any case I think AI will struggle to pursue original scientific research or advance technology in meaningful and innovative ways without us for some time to come.

Originally posted by dubs View Post
        But real opportunity to thrive won't be in stagnant expensive overcivilized countries, it'll be in developing and emerging markets, the wild wild west, asia, africa, india, etc etc.

Also factor in, we are in late stage capitalism, they're about to put 25 million people out of work with self-driving cars.

Once they automate the police and the military, it's over.

The in-demand career of the future is mortuary science.
        Yeah... scary stuff...

~~~ PEr aRDUa ad asTrA ~~~
        (through adversity to the stars)

Comment

Working...
        X