"He'll never ask for alimony. That would be such a pussy move."

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "He'll never ask for alimony. That would be such a pussy move."

The reasons for this are understandable—no bride ever wants to imagine that someday she's going to get divorced, despite the odds. Who would? But I believe the main reason a prenup isn't considered is because many young women getting married are in the same situation that I was—the owner of nothing but credit-card debt. When I got married at 24, a prenup never even remotely occurred to me. What was there for him to take? My Visa bill?

But 18 years later, when I divorced my husband, I had a successful writing career and some money in the bank. He got to take half of it. But it isn't even the fact that I had to give him half that I find so egregious. It's the alimony he demanded I pay him on top of it that makes me very, very angry—like scream-really-loud, get-drunk, and eat-gratuitous-carbohydrates angry. On the first day of every month, I have to write him a mother^#%*ing check for six thousand dollars. I've been doing this for two and a half years. I've got five more left.

How did this happen? Because California divorce laws are antiquated and ridiculous and favor the less successful spouse. You're probably thinking that he must have been raising our children, while I was acting as the breadwinner. Nope. We don't have any. The state of California says that I'm supposed to keep him at the standard of living he got used to during our marriage, even though he's no longer my husband. So despite the fact that he has a master's degree and more marketable job skills than I do, I've had to give up my quality of life in order to maintain his. I can now no longer afford such luxuries as cable TV and haircuts.

When my divorce lawyer, Melanie, first told me that my ex was eligible for spousal support (the new way of saying alimony), I replied, "There's no way he would ever ask for that. That would be such a pussy move." She shook her head, looked at me across her desk, and said, "Every woman who's sat in that chair has said the same thing. Get ready, because he's going to ask for it."

She was right. Melanie and her firm, Wasser, Cooperman, and Carter, have a roster of female clients who, like me, wish they could build a time machine and go back and make their ex sign a prenup before they walk down the aisle. I've met a few. We manage to find one another at parties. Maybe it's the look of disbelief and rage we all share. We end up huddling in the corner, discussing ways to cut down our monthly bills so we can afford to write that damn check. One woman was going to hire her ex to be her nanny. He didn't want the job. Why would he? He doesn't need a job. He gets her check every month.
    http://www.elle.com/life-love/sex-re...d-get-a-prenup

Now wait a minute...now women want men to sign prenups?

Notice how she said that early on all she had was a mountain of credit card debt? I bet she would have refused to sign one then, as she wanted to pass her already poor debt choices on to her new beast of burdon.

She just got lucky and hit on something profitable.

I wonder who filed and why, that would put a real direction in identifying who was the faulty party in the marriage.

I don't know, but I'll bet she filed now that she didn't need him anymore and wants her "freedom", and she just got caught.
    Ephesians 5 "Husbands, Love your wives like Christ loved the Church". (Wives, give your husbands something to love).
    "Wives, RESPECT your husbands". (Husbands, give your wives something to respect.)

For a man does not truly feel loved unless his wife, mother, and children display respect to him.

"From each MAN according to his abilty, to each WOMAN according to her need"... Allison Tienemann

"Feminism is a HATE group... Feminists are HATEFUL people"... Mr. e

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem."... Ronald Reagan

Comment

Now I don't feel so bad about the subject of this thread. Wait'll the women who follow this advice find out that a prenuptial agreement amounts to dick compared to the discretion of a judge.

I also love how this woman complains about how she had to sacrifice cable and haircuts because of the alimony she has to pay out, considering how many men have had to sacrifice so much more for their mistake in marrying.

Comment

Alimony is bullshit, but honestly for women to complain about it really reeks of shoe on the other footism.
        Last edited by Nateyj11; 02-10-2014, 11:58 PM.
        Disillusionment: Another word for reality.

Comment

The comments on this article are delicious.

Comment

I bet if her divorce lawyer hadn't fire bombed the marriage in the first round of motions she would have recovered from her ginatinglesitis. Woah $6000 a month.

Dude that is subject of the story, You are living the dream!!!!

Comment

Isn't it wonderful when feminists make an accidental gender reversal piece on how unfair divorce laws are, usually towards men but hey equality if it's to exist at all it must go both ways.
              "It is the greatest inequality to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Comment

Her tears are delicious

Comment

That's awesome! What? I thought they wanted to be considered equal to men? Oh, its okay for the men to dish out the alimony but not women? Poor, poor feminists, don't know what they want and when they do get what they want, it's not as they expected hahahaha.

Would like some cheese with your whine?
                  The feminist movement is just not compatible with happiness. They are not for equality; they want to kill everything masculine, ~Phyllis Schlafly.
                  sigpic

Comment

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...turn-of-events
                    I'm So Meta Even This Acronymn

Comment

*snickers*

*laughing out loud*

*gleefully cackles*

Oh, couldn't happen to a better person. A writer of crap movies that are profitable, complaining that she has to write alimony checks monthly.

Everyone knows if he was the successful one, he would have been on the hook for at least double the 6k she has to write a month.

Feminists tears for their coffee, anyone? They have been using ours to drink to our demise. Might as well add some to drink while they are miserable.

This is what I want to see everywhere. Feminists figuratively hung by the laws they created to extract things from men.

Gads, I am getting too cynical in my old age.

Comment

Ahhh the sweet taste of princess' tears. Pardone, I'm off to ride my unicorn.

Comment

"Because California divorce laws are antiquated and ridiculous"

Read, we need to update these laws to make them so only women can get alimony.

"pussy move"

Read shaming

There's oh so much more, but ....

I think theplumber makes a good point too. Was she supported by her husband until she made a successful career? Time to update to a better model now i can afford it? Bet she complains about the objectification of women too lol.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJV81mdj1ic

What can I say?

Comment

Originally posted by Aiylish View Post
                            That's awesome! What? I thought they wanted to be considered equal to men? Oh, its okay for the men to dish out the alimony but not women? Poor, poor feminists, don't know what they want and when they do get what they want, it's not as they expected hahahaha.

Would like some cheese with your whine?
                            And the worst is yet to come.

Across this country more women are getting degrees than men. That means that in the future, there will be more successful white collar women than men. More lawyer, businesswoman, dentist, doctors etc etc etc . . .

So what does this mean. Women can marry down and settle for a blue collar man like a plumber. However, if they do that they will owe alimony. So they can hypergame and marry up and not pay alimony. But in the future, there will be fewer successful white collar men. So women will have to compete fore a limited pool of successful men.

So marry down and pay alimony. Marry up but there are not enough men to go around. Cut throat competition of limited resources that are successful men.

The future will be very interesting.

Comment

It's a sign of the times and fits with MGTOW. Let women be disposable while men go their own way like hunting and fishing. Pretty soon, a majority of these working women are going to end up in tax court for failure to pay taxes due to their extensive amount of debt they carry while MGTOWs will be working just enough to have zero tax obligations and pay for themselves. I say bring it and let these self-entitled princesses deal with the real world that men have died to create for them.
                              https://christianrestoration.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X