Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Ban Bossy", really what is this crap....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Ban Bossy", really what is this crap....

Discovered Mark Zuckerberg promoting this feminist man hating crap on Facebook.

http://banbossy.com/

"When a little boy asserts himself, he's called a “leader.” Yet when a little girl does the same, she risks being branded “bossy.” Words like bossy send a message: don't raise your hand or speak up. By middle school, girls are less interested in leading than boys—a trend that continues into adulthood. Together we can encourage girls to lead."

Rubbish, both boys and girls receive ridicule for asserting themselves. And it's clear from education results that boys are falling far behind girls - but we conveniently ignore these facts.

"By middle school, girls are less interested in leading than boys"

Girls are also less interested than boys in a lot of things, including leadership. Just because they aren't interested doesn't mean it's automatically because of harassment or social stereotypes or that they are being victimised. They are looking for victims where there are none, and trying to propel women as leaders when that isn't necessary. Many women can be great leaders, we just don't need a quota system for this as the good ones will achieve regardless.

Yet another blaming of the biological imperatives of women on the deus ex machina; the patriarchy. Not unlike the male proclivity to commit violence as a proxy for women. But who is actually being harmed by the former said natural proclivity? Who, in mass quantity, is promoting said proclivity, thus further instilling it in girls? Is it buy and large people, or the media and women?
    Let's not forget, ladies, the difference between leadership and bossiness. When men are in a leadership role, do they works towards their own personal benefit as opposed to the benefit of the group? Sometimes, yes. If they do, are they chastised for this? Look at our public officials and how readily they are dragged through the dirt, even in cases where they have done nothing of the sort. Is every girl with a born talent to lead immediately deemed bossy? No. Can we then conclude that some of these girls are indeed bossy? Yes, we can.
    Last edited by Drawing Butts; 03-12-2014, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drawing Butts View Post
      Yet another blaming of the biological imperatives of women on the deus ex machina; the patriarchy. Not unlike the male proclivity to commit violence as a proxy for women. But who is actually being harmed by the former said natural proclivity? Who, in mass quantity, is promoting said proclivity, thus further instilling it in girls? Is it buy and large people, or the media and women?
      Let's not forget, ladies, the difference between leadership and bossiness. When men are in a leadership role, do they works towards their own personal benefit as opposed to the benefit of the group? Sometimes, yes. If they do, are they chastised for this? Look at our public officials and how readily they are dragged through the dirt, even in cases where they have done nothing of the sort. Is every girl with a born talent to lead immediately deemed bossy? No. Can we then conclude that some of these girls are then bossy? Yes, we can.
      Exactly. "Bossiness" is not a quality of a good leader. Being bossy means reveling in the power you have over others, and exercising it for your own enjoyment. Good leaders are not people who enjoy bossing others around, they use their power to advance the goals of the organization. And it's not a gendered insult, males are called bossy all the time.

As an aside, one thing I expect from anyone who I grant authority over myself is mutual respect. There's nothing worse than a manager who talks down to their employees like they're her children. This is a quality I've seen primarily, though not exclusively, in women.

Comment

Originally posted by Lambda View Post
        Exactly. "Bossiness" is not a quality of a good leader. Being bossy means reveling in the power you have over others, and exercising it for your own enjoyment. Good leaders are not people who enjoy bossing others around, they use their power to advance the goals of the organization. And it's not a gendered insult, males are called bossy all the time.

As an aside, one thing I expect from anyone who I grant authority over myself is mutual respect. There's nothing worse than a manager who talks down to their employees like they're her children. This is a quality I've seen primarily, though not exclusively, in women.
        I've only seen this quality in women with the power of authority. I've never had a male boss who talked down to me.
        Also, what are these situations where children are being put in positions of authority? Who are these children leading? Are these in social circles? Because, among your friends and classmates, no one has authority. For someone to assume that they do is actually pretty damn bossy.

Comment

I've only seen this quality in women with the power of authority. I've never had a male boss who talked down to me.
          Also, what are these situations where children are being put in positions of authority? Who are these children leading? Are these in social circles? Because, among your friends and classmates, no one has authority. For someone to assume that they do is actually pretty damn bossy.
          Well, admittedly only one male example comes to mind. One of the moderators at tvtropes...

That's a good point. If the only authority is informal and based on respect, then the very fact you are called bossy shows you don't have their respect, and therefore you don't have any authority.

Actually, there's one common instance where children are given authority over other children: if the adults assign an older child to watch over younger ones. Girls are put in this position far more often than boys.
          Last edited by Lambda; 03-12-2014, 07:15 AM.

Comment

I see this as nothing but lowering the standards for a leader.

A real leader isn't going to cave to the pressure of being told they're bossy, could you imagine that? Strong leaders are sure of themselves. I liken this very much to the feminists attempting to lower requirements of firefighters to accept more women. When it's crunch time and people have their shit on fire and lives are on the line, do they want a PC fire services with 50:50 male and female, or do they want an engine of the best skilled and trained firefighters to show up irrelevant of gender?

Maybe it's just me but any leader I'm expected to follow should have qualities that make them a strong leader, if criticism that they're bossy puts them off balance they shouldn't be leading anything. This is typical nonsense we see from the left and feminists, the campaign is to encourage statistical equality in a role, but there's no real indication that coddeling women by banning words they don't like will make them objectively better leaders.

The free market decides who is good at what based on performance and ability, that will never change. If you want to actually achieve anything of value you need to teach girls that being told they're bossy doesn't matter, boys tend to have that charge ahead regardless of what they're told kind of mentality which is what helps them defeat that kind of criticism.

Trying to remove a stimulus in schools which exists in real life is not the solution to the problem, I'd be completely on board with a campaign that helped teach women to shoot for leadership roles and teach them skills to help them put into perspective comments about them being bossy, and how to dismiss them or disregard them. Left hard at work again on completely useless and laughable rubbish, total waste of time.

Comment

When I was a supervisor in a restaurant, I worked every job in the place, including cleaning toilets, and my employees saw me do it. When I needed something done I would ask them to do it and they would because they saw that I willingly lowered myself to do a dirty job. The women supervisors, I've known, would do the same thing as I did and were never called bossy. They had earned the respect of the employees. Except there was one woman manager that demanded things from the employees and never shown that she would do the dirty jobs. She got called many things from bitch to bossy all because she refused to lower herself and do the jobs that needed to be done. She also spent most of the time in the office instead of out on the line, whereas the other managers and supervisors spent as little time in the office doing paperwork as possible and spent that time on the line.

The women that want to ban the use of the word bossy is because they're too good to do the dirty jobs and demand respect just because of their position. In the real world it doesn't work that way. You have to be willing to do the dirty jobs and that is how you earn respect. I could tell I had earned the respect of my employees when I went to see my daughter, the last time when she was 3, and I didn't have the money to get a motel room. I asked one of my former employees if I could stay at her house. She said I was too good to stay in her shack, I was giving her a ride home, and made me take her back to the restaurant. After about 5 minutes of being inside, she came up to me and handed me $150 to get a motel room for the weekend as she had took up a collection from the employees on duty. That's how you can tell that you had earned a person's respect. Would any of these women that refuse to do dirty jobs get a collection like I did? Nope, because they above the little guys working.
              Last edited by 1ADPreacher; 03-12-2014, 05:45 PM.
              https://christianrestoration.wordpress.com/

Comment

What they are trying to say is, we must then the word bossy, or else the future female leaders of America will all take their marbles and go home. And settle into traditional roles and have babies. Well if you don't have the gumption to persevere in the face of being called bossy, you are not a leader.

Comment

And if I was the CEO of a company and installed a female manager who behaved like that at the slightest criticism, I'd get fired for poor judgement.

Comment

you know, instead of teach girls to demand respect how about we teach to commend respect? its different. commend respect is natual and demand is unatural

Comment

creature=accountability

Comment

The reason we are seeing this campaign in 2014 is that it is paving the way for 2016. 2016 in terms of presidential elections. They are trying to remove a potential criticism people will have at the prospect of an unlikeable female candidate which also happens to be thier current favorite: Hillary Clinton. It doesn't really have anything to do with girls, that's just a trial balloon. If it doesn't work, they will have time to come up with something else. If it does, they will have already conditioned the public to bite their tongues when the moment arrives.
                        Last edited by Iron John; 03-12-2014, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Good Amazing Atheist video on this bunkum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD37Ua0Owcg

Comment

I saw it on google too when I had to launch chrome for something. the anti-bossy snivel. so glad I've switched to duck duck go. feminist butthurt is now officially the highest pitched whine in the whole stupid choir of first world problems. so glad I'm raising my teenaged daughter to see through this crap.
                            well, let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet.

Comment

we just elected out a new age gal who was promoted to the position of PM - the lamentable Gillard- by the collectivist union push here in Australia - she was not popularly elected in nor out but was shoehorned in by her party in parliament and kicked out the same way !

she loudly brayed she was going to call out misogyny where ever she found it ( not a word about misandry) what she actually done was create a raft of collectivist style unfunded pie-in-the-sky legislation which she could not implement because she had created a notational debt of $A 300 billions and the incoming conservative government of PM Abbot was left to put her mess into order the best way he could

Comment

Working...
                              X