Thoughs on shooter being alone or not

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughs on shooter being alone or not

There is at this time conjecture that the Vega shooter must have had help of some kind.

As I have written in the past, when I was a militant political activist, I studied violent protest. I say again, I made no plans at all. It was an intellectual exercise, plain and simple.

I came to several conclusions. First, political violence is not the answer. If society is not ready for the changes you wish to make, violence will not make them ready. If your desired changes are appropriate, those changes will come without violence. Examples here are John Brown violent protests against slavery. He wasted his life and those of his sons. When society was ready, there was a society wide change, at great cost.

Re-stating this, IMO violent protesters are both stupid and impatient.

At this time men have NO rights. TN talks about this, isn't it gynocentrism he blames for how men are treated? Anyway, as long as society accepts treating men as disposable slaves to women no protest of any time will succeed.

Something else I realized during my study of violent protest. If you are going to do something really horrible it has to be a one man job. The minute you bring in more people the odds of success drop geometrically. More people mean more leaks; mean more odds what you are doing is so evil someone will spill the beans out of horror at your evil plan. I have seen this in the news over the years, in in CJ classes in college.

I cannot guarantee you Paddock was alone in this. But, I cannot agree he could not do it alone. This was a horrible thing he did, and that increases the odds that he had to do it alone. It takes two people equally dedicated to this extreme mass murder. Possible, but statistically improbable.

I am aware that 9/1/1 seems to contradict this. But, those guys were all extreme zealots, and to get that many requires special conditions.

I am also aware this may be all wet. But, it is my opinion until I am convinced differently.

doubt he was alone.
    girl was in crowd saying they were going to die.
    and she lived with him? she had to know. the odds of her not knowing at TINY. its possible but very unlikely.
    Originally posted by MatrixTransform
    where were you before you put yourself last?
    Originally posted by TheNarrator
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

You lost me there, probably my problem.

"girl was in crowd saying they were going to die.
      and she lived with him?"

I have no idea who you are talking about. His girl friend who lived with him was in the Philippines.

No matter except curiosity what you are talking about.

I expected that most would disagree with me. Part of my theory he did it alone is because, yes, I think a detail man with a lot of luck, could bring all the elements together.

Accountants spend their life worrying about trivial details. There are people who are easily bored and they are almost never lifetime accountants.

I have heard not one word, except a woman on Savage who says she heard another shooter, to indicate anything that a motivated individual could not do alone. With a modest bit of luck, of course.

Lots of guns, check.

My son tells me there are individuals who have over 100,000 cartridges in their homes. Hopefully not near my house.

And, a lot of collectors have fifty or 100 guns or more. I worked with people like this, and not one of them so much as got lots of speeding tickets.

Anyway, we are both speculating and we will need more data to accept or eliminate our theories.

Comment

Originally posted by polite_disagreement View Post
        There is at this time conjecture that the Vega shooter must have had help of some kind.

As I have written in the past, when I was a militant political activist, I studied violent protest. I say again, I made no plans at all. It was an intellectual exercise, plain and simple.

I came to several conclusions. First, political violence is not the answer. If society is not ready for the changes you wish to make, violence will not make them ready. If your desired changes are appropriate, those changes will come without violence. Examples here are John Brown violent protests against slavery. He wasted his life and those of his sons. When society was ready, there was a society wide change, at great cost.

Re-stating this, IMO violent protesters are both stupid and impatient.

At this time men have NO rights. TN talks about this, isn't it gynocentrism he blames for how men are treated? Anyway, as long as society accepts treating men as disposable slaves to women no protest of any time will succeed.

Something else I realized during my study of violent protest. If you are going to do something really horrible it has to be a one man job. The minute you bring in more people the odds of success drop geometrically. More people mean more leaks; mean more odds what you are doing is so evil someone will spill the beans out of horror at your evil plan. I have seen this in the news over the years, in in CJ classes in college.

I cannot guarantee you Paddock was alone in this. But, I cannot agree he could not do it alone. This was a horrible thing he did, and that increases the odds that he had to do it alone. It takes two people equally dedicated to this extreme mass murder. Possible, but statistically improbable.

I am aware that 9/1/1 seems to contradict this. But, those guys were all extreme zealots, and to get that many requires special conditions.

I am also aware this may be all wet. But, it is my opinion until I am convinced differently.

You're assuming 9/11 is what they say it was.
        FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
        It's time to call it out for what it is.

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Comment

Never alone... barring brain illness (a rapid growing tumor on the hypothalamus for example), there is usually some level of trauma or stress induced on a person who goes postal. Usually in the form of abuse as a child, and then deciding to play out the trauma on others.

In Las Vegas, the murderer planned this out for a good long time, using multiple suitcases to bring guns and ammo into a suite... and targeting not just the concert victims, but apparently also an aviation fuel tank storage facility about a mile away with bullet spray (from the 2nd window). Fortunately those storage tanks have about 0.5 to 1" thick steel sides, and at a mile away even the high speed bullets didn't have much chance of penetrating the tank, let alone igniting the fuel within.

While its possible that this man was able to hide his intent to some people, his pattern of behavior must have changed months before, and I am certain people near him overlooked it entirely.

But what produced this murderer was not a random mutation from child to sociopath. The murderer had intent, and targeted that particular group for a reason... he spent way too much energy to have picked a target randomly.

Violence is what happens when people are lied to, when truth is avoided and delusions fostered. When you make speaking the truth a 'punch a Nazi' offense... you'll activate people like this murderer into action.

The opposite of violence is philosophy... truth... and the only way to resolve what the truth actually 'is' requires arguments, debates, and agreement to NOT use the gun in the room.

Comment

Originally posted by Iggy View Post
            Never alone... barring brain illness (a rapid growing tumor on the hypothalamus for example), there is usually some level of trauma or stress induced on a person who goes postal. Usually in the form of abuse as a child, and then deciding to play out the trauma on others.

In Las Vegas, the murderer planned this out for a good long time, using multiple suitcases to bring guns and ammo into a suite... and targeting not just the concert victims, but apparently also an aviation fuel tank storage facility about a mile away with bullet spray (from the 2nd window). Fortunately those storage tanks have about 0.5 to 1" thick steel sides, and at a mile away even the high speed bullets didn't have much chance of penetrating the tank, let alone igniting the fuel within.

While its possible that this man was able to hide his intent to some people, his pattern of behavior must have changed months before, and I am certain people near him overlooked it entirely.

But what produced this murderer was not a random mutation from child to sociopath. The murderer had intent, and targeted that particular group for a reason... he spent way too much energy to have picked a target randomly.

Violence is what happens when people are lied to, when truth is avoided and delusions fostered. When you make speaking the truth a 'punch a Nazi' offense... you'll activate people like this murderer into action.

The opposite of violence is philosophy... truth... and the only way to resolve what the truth actually 'is' requires arguments, debates, and agreement to NOT use the gun in the room.

Not totally sure about that-- heard on the radio this morning that he also scoped out another venue which was to be a RAP concert. Totally different type of music and group of people attending. So it may not have been about the politics.

Comment

there was a woman in the crowd telling everyone they were gonna die.

like 15 people have reported this.
              Originally posted by MatrixTransform
              where were you before you put yourself last?
              Originally posted by TheNarrator
              Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Iggy View Post
                Never alone... barring brain illness (a rapid growing tumor on the hypothalamus for example), there is usually some level of trauma or stress induced on a person who goes postal. Usually in the form of abuse as a child, and then deciding to play out the trauma on others..
                Iggy,

The guy's dad was a certifiable bank robber who escaped police custody. He tried to run a federal official over with his car. Probably not a very stable childhood indeed.

"...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
                "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

I haven't heard about the murderer scoping a RAP concert... but the effect would be similar... white man killing tons of blacks with 'automatic' guns = same cries for more state intervention.

The murderer was patient.. I still suspect his intent was to kill that specific demographic, that it was the more attractive of any of the thousands of potential targets he could have chosen.

I am open to being wrong in my suspicions, as more evidence is uncovered.

Comment

If you wanted maximum casualties, I don't understand shooting from a window.

The guy was a pilot. The airport is almost right next to this park. If you radioed the tower like everything was normal and then veered off your landing vector and crashed in that park, there would barely be time to realize something was wrong let alone do something about it.

Even a small plane alone plowing through that crowd at the density people were packed in would probably kill hundreds. Pack it with some explosives or even just a couple of hundred pounds of gasoline and I think you'd see an even worse tragedy.

I'd say the use of a gun indicates either:
                    1. A political motive - i.e. people will blame the guns.
                    2. An intent to walk away from an event almost no-one ever walks away from.

The guy doesn't sound stupid. I can't imagine he thought he'd pull it off AND get away.
                    "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
                    "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

Originally posted by Mifune View Post
                      If you wanted maximum casualties, I don't understand shooting from a window.

The guy was a pilot. The airport is almost right next to this park. If you radioed the tower like everything was normal and then veered off your landing vector and crashed in that park, there would barely be time to realize something was wrong let alone do something about it.

Even a small plane alone plowing through that crowd at the density people were packed in would probably kill hundreds. Pack it with some explosives or even just a couple of hundred pounds of gasoline and I think you'd see an even worse tragedy.

I'd say the use of a gun indicates either:
                      1. A political motive - i.e. people will blame the guns.
                      2. An intent to walk away from an event almost no-one ever walks away from.

The guy doesn't sound stupid. I can't imagine he thought he'd pull it off AND get away.

The Sheriff claims he intended to walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_e View Post
                        The Sheriff claims he intended to walk away.
                        yes, I read that. But I also read (in a link you provided) that the sheriff may also be withholding what's currently known about the shooter's motivation for political reasons. That makes me skeptical of his credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Mifune View Post
                          Has nothing to do with this event, but could a person set up a sniper rifle on a tripod and rig it with a drone remote control? Take apart the drone and put the camera at the front of the scope, and the servo motors to control XY movement and pull the trigger? Sounds doable to me.
                          Stay single and prosper!

Comment

Originally posted by oldblueeyes View Post
                            Has nothing to do with this event, but could a person set up a sniper rifle on a tripod and rig it with a drone remote control? Take apart the drone and put the camera at the front of the scope, and the servo motors to control XY movement and pull the trigger? Sounds doable to me.
                            That would be a kind of hacky way to do it, but definitely possible. In fact, similar products exist. (The following is a paintball turret)

http://www.realsentrygun.com/Paintba...ret%20Kit2.htm

Honestly, I think the biggest challenge would be supporting the turret without a human shoulder to absorb the recoil.

Comment

Updated again:

Apparently bullets did penetrate the aviation fuel tank, but like I suspected there was little to no risk of igniting the contents. There are safeguards... particularly for lightning strikes.

The murderer was apparently very smart... and its looking more like he was going schizophrenic. The use of surveillance cameras and recording himself at the time suggests this was a message... but one he intended on escaping, but had the back-up plan of eating a bullet.

The question is.. a message to who? His mother perhaps? His currently 90 year mother that I wouldn't be surprised at all the FBI and police would try to shelter from exposure. It fits.. its classic gynocentrism. (Which the spellchecker still thinks does not exist as a word)

I am not sure even the FBI can cover this up if they tried... the pictures leaked... the public interest is unimaginably high. There is a LOT at the stake... as political players use the freshly split blood to position their next false solution of 'protection'.

It just might be that this murder happened decades ago... it just didn't manifest itself till recently.

Comment

Working...
                              X