There Was No Ice Age

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There Was No Ice Age

I do not believe there was a major Ice Age thousands of years ago. In fact, a very simple analysis of past events soon makes it clear there was no Ice Age. I have written in the past about this, but included a lot of facts. They are important, but do make comprehension more difficult.

I am going to include two basic facts, which by themselves make it clear there was no Ice Age. Anyone who takes the time to really think those two things through will understand this. Those who don't, probably should go watch NFL.

Fact 1. Somewhere in Siberia are furry creatures frozen in the Permafrost, still nearly edible, after thousands of years. The contents of their stomachs make it clear that at the moment of their death they were in a temperate zone, munching on buttercups in a grassy field. Since the massive bodies would have decomposed those plants in a few minutes, it is obvious they were snap frozen and have stayed frozen for thousands of years, in the same place.

Don't take my word on this fact. Search it out and learn the truth about the mammoths.

Fact 2. Since I was a little boy in the 40's, I have read of the terrible Ice Age. The entire planet was frozen and covered with ice and snow. There were glaciers in Minnesota! Today, the same location is in the temperate zone. As with Fact 1, check it out.

There is a tremendous amount of additional supporting evidence, but to see the whole package makes it too complicated. These two facts nail the historical truth.
    Last edited by polite_disagreement; 10-30-2017, 06:23 PM.

Originally posted by polite_disagreement View Post
    I do not believe there was a major Ice Age thousands of years ago. In fact, a very simple analysis of past events soon makes it clear there was no Ice Age. I have written in the past about this, but included a lot of facts. They are important, but do make comprehension more difficult.

I am going to include two basic facts, which by themselves make it clear there was no Ice Age. Anyone who takes the time to really think those two things through will understand this. Those who don't, probably should go watch NFL.

Fact 1. Somewhere in Siberia are furry creatures frozen in the Permafrost, still nearly edible, after thousands of years. The contents of their stomachs make it clear that at the moment of their death they were in a temperate zone, munching on buttercups in a grassy field. Since the massive bodies would have decomposed those plants in a few minutes, it is obvious they were snap frozen and have stayed frozen for thousands of years, in the same place.

Don't take my word on this fact. Search it out and learn the truth about the mammoths.

Fact 2. Since I was a little boy in the 40's, I have read of the terrible Ice Age. The entire planet was frozen and covered with ice and snow. There were glaciers in Minnesota! Today, the same location is in the temperate zone. As with Fact 1, check it out.

There is a tremendous amount of additional supporting evidence, but to see the whole package makes it too complicated. These two facts nail the historical truth.
    What's the Men's Rights angle, then? Ice Age = another feminist lie?

M

Comment

You and I have a different view of this board. I do not think every posting on every sub-board has to relate directly and totally to Men's Rights. Look at the "what are you listening to," thread, a gigantic thread.

Or, was this a sneaky attempt to discredit my thread without discussing it.

NFL, guy.

Comment

all geological formations say that we had an ice formation melting over long periods all over the northern hemisphere.

but no idea how the ice got there so not disputing it ^^
        Originally posted by MatrixTransform
        where were you before you put yourself last?
        Originally posted by TheNarrator
        Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

That is the whole point. There was ice melting all over the North Hemisphere, but on the other side of the planet was grass and flowers until the event.

National Geographic in the early years of this century had an article which said the Grand Canyon was created in less than 6 months, when a gigantic dam of ice and snow forming a large lake in northern USA burst.

Comment

But... there have being snowball earth at least 4 times?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowball_Earth

Also, apparently life likes warm weather better than frozen... that is why life was bigger and more abundant when the weather was in average 60 degrees... in jurassic times.

Comment

You and I have a different view of this board. I do not think every posting on every sub-board has to relate directly and totally to Men's Rights. Look at the "what are you listening to," thread, a gigantic thread.
              Well, that's true enough. There is a music thread. And I don't like it

Or, was this a sneaky attempt to discredit my thread without discussing it.
              Some slight criticism was intended, yes, but I wouldn't call it sneaky. Too obvious for that.
              OTOH there might have been angles I wasn't aware of.
              Like, a connection from Climate Changers and Treehuggers and Liberals and Democrats to Feminists.
              No more cave dwellers, no more evolutionary gender roles.
              So I thought I'd at least ask. Two for one

NFL, guy.
              Not the football league, I take it. What is NFL here?

M
              Last edited by Manalysis; 10-31-2017, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Manalysis View Post
                Well, that's true enough. There is a music thread. And I don't like it

Some slight criticism was intended, yes, but I wouldn't call it sneaky. Too obvious for that.
                OTOH there might have been angles I wasn't aware of.
                Like, a connection from Climate Changers and Treehuggers and Liberals and Democrats to Feminists.
                No more cave dwellers, no more evolutionary gender roles.
                So I thought I'd at least ask. Two for one

Not the football league, I take it. What is NFL here?

M
                Forum: The AVfM Lounge
                Hang out and chat with other members about anything that interests you

Comment

Originally posted by simpleman View Post
                  Forum: The AVfM Lounge
                  Hang out and chat with other members about anything that interests you
                  Still don't like it.

M

Comment

We get it. You don't like it. No fucks given, here.

Comment

Originally posted by simpleman View Post
                      But... there have being snowball earth at least 4 times?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowball_Earth

Also, apparently life likes warm weather better than frozen... that is why life was bigger and more abundant when the weather was in average 60 degrees... in jurassic times.
                      I read the Wiki. It assumes that what was at the North Pole millions of years ago, is still there. If you actually think about the two facts in the OP it becomes obvious those two points listed, Siberia and Minnesota, not only moved in relation to the inner planet, but drastically so and very fast.

The cistern in front of my door, with my Garmin GPS sitting on it until it becomes totally stable, shows at 5740 feet altitude. There are rocks here with fossils of fish in them. Ocean fish. And, half a mile away are rocks with camel tracks in them. The closest ocean is nearly 200 miles away.

No, the earth does not involve slow movement over the years, and even smart kids can understand it if you show them the facts.

Comment

I read the Wiki. It assumes that what was at the North Pole millions of years ago, is still there. If you actually think about the two facts in the OP it becomes obvious those two points listed, Siberia and Minnesota, not only moved in relation to the inner planet, but drastically so and very fast.
                        Incorrect, the planet have being through several cycles of freezing and melting... What you see now covered by ice... before was a tropical jungle, and before that it was covered by ice... and so on...

The cistern in front of my door, with my Garmin GPS sitting on it until it becomes totally stable, shows at 5740 feet altitude. There are rocks here with fossils of fish in them. Ocean fish.
                        Maybe it was under the sea some millions of years ago?

And, half a mile away are rocks with camel tracks in them. The closest ocean is nearly 200 miles away.
                        I would think... you are mistaking about the camel tracks... how old are they dated, and how is it explained?

No, the earth does not involve slow movement over the years, and even smart kids can understand it if you show them the facts.
                        Somethings goes faster somethings goes slower... no surprises there either... But just in case... if what you try to imply there is that the universe is 6000 years old... then I'm out... I don't talk science with religious nuts...

Comment

I did not say anything about the age of the universe. You seem to be one messed up dude. Where is TN when we need him?

The facts about Siberia and Minnesota are so simple that kids can understand it if they stop to think about it. There is absolutely no room for debate nor theories. Two locations on the earths surface moved quite a ways in a very short time. Your statement about cycles of freezing and melting simply do not connect with reality. Please stop making stuff up and calling it science.

It is UNAM scientists who said those tracks are camel tracks. The people who live here thought it was cow tracks.

You don't talk science with religious nuts. My personal group to avoid are mindless idiots who pay no attention to hard facts, and make stuff up as it suits their fancy.

Comment

I did not say anything about the age of the universe. You seem to be one messed up dude. Where is TN when we need him?
                            Somewhere I though you was making an argument about things happening fast or something... I just wanted to make sure.

The facts about Siberia and Minnesota are so simple that kids can understand it if they stop to think about it. There is absolutely no room for debate nor theories. Two locations on the earths surface moved quite a ways in a very short time. Your statement about cycles of freezing and melting simply do not connect with reality. Please stop making stuff up and calling it science.
                            I don't see how both of our claims are mutually exclusive... you talk about some freeze about 50k years ago, I talk about several freezes some 150 millions years ago... As I say, the planet freezes and warms in cycles... it have happened many times already and it will happen again... in 8k years... or some like that...

It is UNAM scientists who said those tracks are camel tracks. The people who live here thought it was cow tracks.
                            Did they dated the tracks? what explanations they offer?

You don't talk science with religious nuts. My personal group to avoid are mindless idiots who pay no attention to hard facts, and make stuff up as it suits their fancy.
                            My fancy... today... is video games... I have some natural curiosity instinct... and that is all that keeps me around this topic of yours... For my day to day life, it does not matter a single bit if those are camel tracks or if your grandmother walked on her hands... I still get pay the same money for my job, and I still have to pay the same taxes... in my practical life it means nothing... because I am a curious creature I show some interest in... basically everything... if you don't like questions, that is fine, then write down your essays... I maybe read them...

Comment

This is why you had so much conflict with TN. You really don't use much thought or logic. Yes, the surface of the earth moved very fast, in minutes. So, how can any rational person assume that means I think the earth is 6,000 years old? The answer is, of course, no rational person would assume that. But, you did.

Also, you simply change things around. I do not believe I said fifty thousand years. You made that up. Please stop making stuff up. I don't know how long ago it happened. The usual figures given range from 10,000 to perhaps 20,000 years. Since I don't believe academics so out of touch with reality to believe that at times the entire planet freezes over, have any idea how many years or much of anything else, I did not state how many thousands of years ago, were involved.

Since you make it clear you do not even know how to discuss things in a rational manner, I am not going to waste much more time on you. However, yes, I do plan on writing more.

There are other facts, or at least alleged facts, we used to develop the asteroid strike theory. One of the popular science shows in past years, I am not sure if it was Nimoy or someone else, reported that scientists had drilled down in the ice at one of the poles. Since the North Pole is over water, I assume it must have been the South Pole, but my memory is not clear. They extracted layers of snow and ice corresponding to one year each ring or band. The number of years of ice and snow down to bed rock was well under 20,000, but I do not remember the exact number given. That means 20,000 years ago, or less, that pole was bare of snow. Which means not that the entire planet was barren of ice and snow, but only that specific location. This is again consistent with the surface of the earth having moved in the past.

The next alleged fact had to do with small magnetic particles being deposited in rocks found on the ocean bottom. They tend to deposit in a direction based on the same principles as a compass which points north. As investigators worked down through a rock, at times the particles would change their orientation by many degrees, in some cases reversing in very short time periods, based on the suggested age of the rocks. This is also consistent with dramatic, rapid movements of the surface of the earth.

Then, there are years of personal observation in the outdoors. I was a farm kid, which meant being outside in all conditions and watching what happens in the real world. For example, related to a comment above, how does snow melt in a large, snowy area? I can tell you. Imagine a large or small field, relatively flat, and a couple feet deep snow on it. When spring comes, does it melt from outside in, like a ice cream bar?

No, it melts all at the same time, more or less. That means in the middle of the field there will be pools of trapped water by snow not yet melted. Eventually, as the rest of the snow melts, those pools will be free, and that water will run off very fast. So, if an entire snow and ice covered polar region is rapidly moved into a temperate area, there will be large lakes of water formed but trapped by piles of snow. And, the expected outflow of those lakes later in the melt.

So, in the early years of this century, when National Geographic printed a small article claiming that a large lake of water broke loose and created the Grand Canyon in a few months, that was one reason to know it was true.

The second reason was because I had observed the creation of gullies causes by rain eroding the earth. A flow of water across an unprotected field will start a small ravine. As the rain continues, the edges of the ravine will widen and will fall into the center. This continues until you have a large gully over time.

Look at a good picture of the Grand Canyon. There is no way that mess could have been created with a small river running down through there for millions of years. NOT POSSIBLE. You don't need a lot of smarts. Just look at that photo and THINK.

Later, another article suggested a major flood, I think it was down the St. Lawrence River Valley, as shown by soil sampled showing a specific not common element in a flood profile.

I have traveled to the Arctic Ocean, and since I retired 20 years ago, have driven more than 350,000 miles around the US and Mexico. The terrain I observe during all that driving is inconsistent with slow, gradual movement of the earth's surface, but is consistent with rapid and violent change.

OF course, this is just extra data. The original two facts make it obvious that the surface of the earth at times moves around the core.

Comment

Working...
                              X