This one is Conjecture

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one is Conjecture

While we are on the topic of what might have really happened in ancient times, here is an interesting URL, alas in Spanish. One would have to use Google translate to read it, probably.

https://www.paraloscuriosos.com/a953...den-por-europa

But, it basically says in Germany, nay, all of Europe, they have found tremendous amounts of ancient tunnels. I cannot verify this, have no personal knowledge. Based on no more than the posted article, I cannot even say with certainty the tunnels exist as stated. So, this posting is mere conjecture of what might - or might not - have been.

I find it interesting because around the time of the Civil War, a man wrote a book called something like Ragnarok. You can get it on tablets at MANY BOOKS. In it, he theorized that a major comet struck the earth thousands of years ago. But. he thought comets were made of large piles of gravel, and were very hot. I am not an expert on comets, but I do not think so. Anyway, he said humans only survived the extreme heat by living in caves until the planet cooled again.

Caves? Or, tunnels?

I do not personally believe hot gravel comets hit Earth. Not a bit of it. But, I also do not believe humans excavated all those tunnels without a valid reason.

Cold? Heat?

Invasions?

Major rock falls when an asteroid hit Mars? J/K.

A weak part of the theory is if many people lived in those tunnels any length of time, there would almost certainly be stuff laying on the floor. Unless they had Boy Scouts in those days who policed all the tunnels after they left. Also, J/K.

But, once you realize there was no Ice Age, you begin to question everything the hubris laden Ph.D's tell us.

Hi,

it's me again

Originally posted by polite_disagreement View Post
    ... in Germany, nay, all of Europe, they have found tremendous amounts of ancient tunnels. I cannot verify this, have no personal knowledge. Based on no more than the posted article, I cannot even say with certainty the tunnels exist as stated.
    The tunnels - "Erdstall" - exist, although "tremendous amounts" is slightly overstated. 700 meters in Bavaria, 350 meters in Austria, and some in France, Scotland and Ireland. The archaeologist who first wrote about them dated them to 5000 BCE, but newer carbon dating has moved this to around 1000 CE.
    Nobody has any clue as to what they were fore, as they are not mentioned in writing anywhere.

I find it interesting because around the time of the Civil War, a man wrote a book called something like Ragnarok. You can get it on tablets at MANY BOOKS. In it, he theorized that a major comet struck the earth thousands of years ago. But. he thought comets were made of large piles of gravel, and were very hot. I am not an expert on comets, but I do not think so.
    Not entirely sure either, but IIRC at least some celestial bodies are agglomerations of space dust and ice, not solid rock. Could that be it?

A weak part of the theory is if many people lived in those tunnels any length of time, there would almost certainly be stuff laying on the floor. Unless they had Boy Scouts in those days who policed all the tunnels after they left.
    To the archaeologists, it is a puzzle - for no apparent reason, the tunnels all seem to have been scoured clean, emptied, everywhere and consistently.
    That makes detective work difficult.

M

Comment

By page 5 the article is already talking about hollow planet with gigants living in the inside part of it...

This was a very popular theory on the Nazi mythology, so no surprise that they have to single out Germany, even though the claim is that the tunnels are all over the place...

Comment

Originally posted by Manalysis View Post
        Hi,

it's me again

The tunnels - "Erdstall" - exist, although "tremendous amounts" is slightly overstated. 700 meters in Bavaria, 350 meters in Austria, and some in France, Scotland and Ireland. The archaeologist who first wrote about them dated them to 5000 BCE, but newer carbon dating has moved this to around 1000 CE.
        Nobody has any clue as to what they were fore, as they are not mentioned in writing anywhere.

Not entirely sure either, but IIRC at least some celestial bodies are agglomerations of space dust and ice, not solid rock. Could that be it?

To the archaeologists, it is a puzzle - for no apparent reason, the tunnels all seem to have been scoured clean, emptied, everywhere and consistently.
        That makes detective work difficult.

M
        Exactly so! That is really mysterious.

Comment

Working...
        X