Techniques For Debating A Feminist?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deidre View Post
    If he's dating, married to or sleeping with an outspoken/vocal feminist...good luck. lol You probably won't get through.

Dismantling feminism usually isn't done with common debates on topics...he will have to get screwed over by feminism to eventually abandon it. There are some decent points about feminism (in theory)...but, it's not about equality, it's about entitlements for women.

A good piece of advice when debating anyone, about anything...is to know when to walk away, and don't stoop to ad homs and name calling. Stay calm, and argue the points of the topic, don't cut to the character of the person you're debating with, because it will cause your listener to shut down. If someone starts name calling and such during a debate, he/she probably doesn't have a strong debate. So, that's my general advice.

Name one.

+++++
    FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
    It's time to call it out for what it is.

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Comment

Originally posted by mr_e View Post
      Name one.

+++++
      In theory, it's about equality for all but it doesn't play out like that. Which is why I put in parentheses "in theory."

Comment

Originally posted by Deidre View Post
        In theory, it's about equality for all but it doesn't play out like that. Which is why I put in parentheses "in theory."
        That's just what the label says on the box.
        FEMINISM is a HATE GROUP - Feminists are HATEFUL PEOPLE
        It's time to call it out for what it is.

The World of Men - Men's Rights / MGTOW / Sites of Interest to Men

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showt...nterest-to-Men

Comment

That's just what the label says on the box.
          I know. -_-

Comment

Name one.

+++++
            EVERYTHING about feminism is noble and decent...at face value.

That's why it's such an effective tool for manipulating and controlling the masses.

It works by setting up very reasonable prepositions...

Do you think people should be discriminated against on the basis of their gender?

Do you think anyone should be treated as inferior because of something they had nothing to do with like their sex?

Do you think the weak and vulnerable should be protected?

Anyone who's not a psycho is going to say YES to all of the above.

And then they attach INSANE left wing policy positions and legal reforms to these prepositions and set about doing everything they can to strengthen the state at the detriment of the individual.

True oppression is SEDUCTIVE. It's not a boot on the neck.

Oppressed people are COMPLICIT in their own oppression because it's been dressed as something ELSE in their eyes.
            "Being a cunt doesn't make you wrong." ComradePrescott

Comment

I won him over in the end, but he wasn't entirely radicalized. I just took on a tone of polite discussion as though I was ready and willing to learn more about the merits of feminism and what it does for men. Then I started asking questions in a non confrontational manner. This forced him to actually analyze what feminism has done for men, and why it is that men are fighting for rights that women already have. He was still going on about how it is men's duty to change our way of thinking and to stand up for women facing harassment because they are too meek to defend themselves, I left him with the fact that not all men are big and powerful and able to defend their rights either.

I don't think he has quite figured it all out yet, but his arguments are certainly in shambles and he has no choice but to re-educate himself. He is now genuinely questioning why men are lacking rights that could be corrected in the blink of an eye with changes to law, while women are facing "struggles" that can really only be corrected by policing thought crimes. He has a lot to figure out and I don't think the brand of "balanced feminism" he was original advocating is going to be enough to fulfill his newfound curiosity
              Last edited by mik1; 02-17-2017, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X