X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mifune
    started a topic Driving

Driving

I hate driving to work. I hate what it makes me.

I abhor suicide. But by the end of my commute I'm fairly certain I'd be completely fine if 40-60% of the people on the road just killed themselves.

Nowhere is people's pathological selfishness on more display than on the highway.

My requests are quite simple.....don't be a selfish dick. But that's too much to ask, because I guess that's just the fundamental nature of people.

One time a guy literally motioned for me to pass him on the right, and then sped up to block me from passing him on the right and proceeded to block the entire highway for 10 minutes, which punishes 20-50 other people. To get "even" with me for the unconscionable slight of believing he should yield the left lane to faster traffic (which is the law in most states), he will intentionally fuck up the day of dozens or more people.

How do you have grace for someone who acts as though his pride alone is more important than everyone else the planet? How do you think: This is just a guy who's having a bad day, or making a bad decision instead of "This person is just an irredeemably shitty person"?

I'm sick of it. I was high-beamed repeatedly last night for flipping off left-lane lurkers. One of whom sped up by like 20+ mph to pass me, cut me off and then brake check me repeatedly.

Every single person is a selfish time bomb just waiting to murder someone over their own weak ego.

• JamesNunya
    replied
    Personally, I think people just need to slow the fuck down a bit. Going over the speed limit is, while illegal, fine by me and all. But there are acceptable limits.

Here's something that happened to me tonight. I was in the east bound turning lane which doesn't have a stop or a light, just a standard yield. To my left is 2 north bound lanes and 2 westbound turn lanes followed by a 1 lane median then 2 south bound lanes and a 1 lane shoulder. 8 lanes in total between me and the east bound traffic and nothing in the intersection. I figure I'm clear to go. So as I turn my head back towards the east to watch where I'm going I notice their light turn green, the race was on (apparently). By the time I merged onto the east bound lane some jack ass in a muscle car had floored it across all 8 lanes worth of intersection and was already on my ass flashing their lights. The north to east curve is only 2 car lengths and I was in front to begin with. So I'd gotten maybe 1.5 car lengths by the time this guy sped through 8 and I don't exactly hesitate in my driving either.

Or another incident a few weeks back. I'm on this stretch of road that has an official speed limit of 55mph. Speeding is so common through there that the average driving speed is actually about 65 - 70mph. I was doing about 75 as I was in a hurry and trying to get through the thick of traffic when this guy cut through the shoulder and nearly side swiped me as if I were standing still. Turns out, dude was doing about a buck five (I sped up and followed as I was curious/angry). But if I hadn't noticed him in my side view and hit the brakes, he'd have hit me and we both would have been dead.

Of course, I suffer from road rage and after about 15 - 20 minutes of driving, everyone's a retarded motherfucker lol.

Leave a comment:

• Deidre
    replied
    I started a new job last summer, and work from home. No more commuting nightmares. Companies really need to start letting their employees work from home more often. Studies have shown that employees are even more productive working from home, because you know, there's no wasteful meetings to attend, and stupid random birthday celebrations. I think that the commute causes more stress at times, than the actual work lol

Leave a comment:

• Mifune
    replied
    BTW: Of people who absolutely refuse to move out of the left-lane even when there's 1/4mile or more of space in the right, anecdotal experience is that roughly 75% are female.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X