Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wage gap, pay gap, earnings gap - how do you get through?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Manalysis View Post
    MGTOW might be the reverse mirror image of the "mother married to the state": the "man divorced from society". That that separates him from women is actually secondary.
    yep, this is spot on, perhaps you should put it in the mgtow thread, actually i will.
    Originally posted by MatrixTransform
    where were you before you put yourself last?
    Originally posted by TheNarrator
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

    Comment


    • #17
      Woman already make the spending decision for 85% of all money spent in the USA. Yet, it's not enough?

      Once, I sat down and tried to figure out how that 85% worked. What it told me was that women who were attached essentially spent all their own income, and most of their man's income. Figure it out. This does not exclude men who aren't even attached.

      This is an outrage. Yet, we gotta' listen to screams of agony and despair that they want their income to be as large as the men's income, even when they hold no paid employment.

      Lord Deliver Me. Which is a quaint and archaic way of saying, "Beam me up, Scotty, there is no intelligent life down here."

      Comment


      • #18
        you cant fix the wage gap, i cant break through the glass ceiling. i will never earn the same an hour as much as i try.

        a prostitute will always earn more an hour. but i am ok with that!
        train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose Yoda

        to thine own self be true!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by polite_disagreement View Post
          Woman already make the spending decision for 85% of all money spent in the USA. Yet, it's not enough?

          Once, I sat down and tried to figure out how that 85% worked. What it told me was that women who were attached essentially spent all their own income, and most of their man's income. Figure it out. This does not exclude men who aren't even attached.

          This is an outrage. Yet, we gotta' listen to screams of agony and despair that they want their income to be as large as the men's income, even when they hold no paid employment.

          Lord Deliver Me. Which is a quaint and archaic way of saying, "Beam me up, Scotty, there is no intelligent life down here."
          The exclusion from the debate about who is doing the spending, how much of the household bills are disproportionately paid by men need to be put back. Many moderate feminists and even women who claim to be non feminist, are saying the gap is due to women being compelled to work in the home or do care work, and it's not about life choices. They are going all the way back to the chained to the kitchen sink argument and falsely saying men don't do any of their own home, house or care work.

          The idea of an externally enforced or even compensated difference is ludicrous. In that farcical view only people living alone are legitimately not oppressing someone, yet they are being forced to work and do housework by society.
          "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
          Originally posted by menrppl2
          Can't live with em, life is great without them.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by voidspawn View Post
            The exclusion from the debate about who is doing the spending, how much of the household bills are disproportionately paid by men need to be put back.
            I woould suggest that it would be interesting to make a comparative lifetime income accounting for men and females.

            Wrt. the latter, the income side would include
            - personal earnings
            - income from part of any husbands personal earnings, to add up to the "85 % of spending decisions" figure
            - income from public subsidy through health care, old age care, study programs and grants, welfare and other female-exclusive or predominantly female resource transfer programs
            which I suspect will rival, and probably surpass, men's lifetime income.

            For wage earning men, the discription would start with wages earned, and then follow the wage packet through various stages as deductions are made for females:
            - taxes to support females who do not draw support directly from any man
            - "sharings" to support "personal females", present and divorced ...

            One aspect of this is also a "personal consumption" budget, e.g. men's and female spending on toiletries, clothes, shoes etc.

            Another one is men detailing all the work they do: work proper, traditional men's household work, men's part of traditional female household work.

            M

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Manalysis View Post
              I woould suggest that it would be interesting to make a comparative lifetime income accounting for men and females.

              Wrt. the latter, the income side would include
              - personal earnings
              - income from part of any husbands personal earnings, to add up to the "85 % of spending decisions" figure
              - income from public subsidy through health care, old age care, study programs and grants, welfare and other female-exclusive or predominantly female resource transfer programs
              which I suspect will rival, and probably surpass, men's lifetime income.

              For wage earning men, the discription would start with wages earned, and then follow the wage packet through various stages as deductions are made for females:
              - taxes to support females who do not draw support directly from any man
              - "sharings" to support "personal females", present and divorced ...

              One aspect of this is also a "personal consumption" budget, e.g. men's and female spending on toiletries, clothes, shoes etc.

              Another one is men detailing all the work they do: work proper, traditional men's household work, men's part of traditional female household work.

              M
              Include inherited wealth too?
              Women outlast men more often, and thus get his lifetime earnings that way. That's the default in the UK without a will.
              "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
              Originally posted by menrppl2
              Can't live with em, life is great without them.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by voidspawn View Post
                Include inherited wealth too?
                Women outlast men more often, and thus get his lifetime earnings that way. That's the default in the UK without a will.
                Of course. IIRC, most wealthy women started as heiresses ....
                Inheritance law is one mechanism that tends to concentrate wealth.
                It was for this reason that e.g. the ancient Romans tried to prohibit women from leaving all their wealth to female relatives, sisters , nieces etc.
                Now part of the Tale of Women's Woes In History, of course.

                M

                Comment

                Working...
                X