Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Knights and Oppressive Patriarchy by /deidre

Another great article from Deidre.

Note: Deidre, I took three minor editorial liberties. I felt they were important technicalities to keep the focus on your audience's perspective and not detract to what is relevant to your message. A good article. Thank you.

https://www.avoiceformen.com/misandr...ve-patriarchy/
    ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
    virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
    AVFM Mission Statement
    sigpic

Thanks for this, GOM! I like the editorial adjustments, too.

Comment

Nice work again Deeds.
      Always a pleasure to read your stuff.
      Thankyou
      "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
      "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Comment

Good work D
        "Being a cunt doesn't make you wrong." ComradePrescott

Comment

a wonderful article. and made me think. some very good points and as a former white knight. i now know where this comes from. this is from my FOO. the Single mother playing the victim. and me trying to re live and re write that path. locked on to by a BPD predator that took what little self esteem and destroyed it.

the lies and flying monkeys doing her bidding lead me into a pit of dis-pear not knowing who to trust.

i can only speak of my truth and i am an extreme example. but have you considered the relationship between single mothers raising white knights without a strong male role model. that the feminist movement has stated will not be an issue.

thank you again for a very thought provoking article.
          train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose Yoda

to thine own self be true!

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstAllOdds View Post
            a wonderful article. and made me think. some very good points and as a former white knight. i now know where this comes from. this is from my FOO. the Single mother playing the victim. and me trying to re live and re write that path. locked on to by a BPD predator that took what little self esteem and destroyed it.

the lies and flying monkeys doing her bidding lead me into a pit of dis-pear not knowing who to trust.

i can only speak of my truth and i am an extreme example. but have you considered the relationship between single mothers raising white knights without a strong male role model. that the feminist movement has stated will not be an issue.

Thanks for making this point as someone who has first hand experienced it. On a lower level I think it is widely experienced that mothers 'neg' fathers, parental alienation is common in divorce, even together children are used against fathers, leaving the disciplinarian role to fathers, letting fathers pay and shop for gifts but expecting them to have backseat recognition. One of things I never realised about my own father was how much time he had to spend chauffeuring and waiting for people (which was a completely ignored contribution to the family) - and how mindnumbingly boring and time consuming it is - until I had to do it myself. Even in supposedly good equal marriages males have this amount of lack of recognition and undue blame. It doesn't end but just scales up by magnitudes when a father is removed from the scene.
            "...especially when it comes to communication, it can be observed, if it is not a negotiation it's a war."
            Originally posted by menrppl2
            Can't live with em, life is great without them.

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstAllOdds View Post

Thanks for your thoughts to my article. I wish I had included your point about single moms, that is likely very true for many men. I think I rushed the article a little as there are some other good points people brought up, as well.

As you spend time on this forum, you might soon realize that you're not in the minority with how you were raised and how it affected your interactions with women.

Appreciate your insight!

Comment

Originally posted by Deidre View Post
                Thanks for your thoughts to my article. I wish I had included your point about single moms, that is likely very true for many men. I think I rushed the article a little as there are some other good points people brought up, as well.

As you spend time on this forum, you might soon realize that you're not in the minority with how you were raised and how it affected your interactions with women.

Appreciate your insight!
                anytime, if you are seriously interested in this just ask i am two years in therapy and starting to get to grips with this.

i am discussing this issue with my councillor she is seeing a pattern with nice guys abusive partners and a history of raised without male influence.

it is a disturbing pattern from the 70's dogma, of the feminist movement.

i want to get my story of my life written it is amazing what i have archived despite the roadblocks in my life.

keep writing you are really good and thought provoking.
                train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose Yoda

to thine own self be true!

Comment

Working...
                X