How Help when under Bot/Spam Attack.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Help when under Bot/Spam Attack.

Like some of you notice we are under spam/bot attack.
    It is not one account that post spam but I saw ad least 2-3.

Does it is better to wait for moderator to do there job, or reporting spam when under this bombardment is helpful?
    Better report all spam post in the subject, or just one post per thread is enough?

Hi Bortasz, thanks for the concern. Yesterday was tiresome. There's really not much anyone can do when we get an attack like that. The mods can only delete posts but can't ban members, so we have to wait for an admin, and they are busy guys. I hate when the boards get filled up with spam, but they put the posts up as fast as they can be taken down.
    If you have reported one spam post, it's usually enough, a mod or admin will be around as soon as he can to tidy up.

These guys are a scourge on society. I'd like to reach through the internet and wring their fucking necks.
    “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
    ― Pythagoras

Comment

If the spamming continues out of control like this then it is time for the administrators to give the moderators the ability to ban the spammers. Nearly every thread I pulled up in the last 24 hours had been spammed.
      Last edited by cam9999; 09-06-2014, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Or ad least give mods ability to suspend posting powers for 24h. This will stop spam bots, and Admin will have time to deal with them. On the other hand Mods will not be able to perma ban people.

Comment

That's a good suggestion, thanks Bortasz, I'll pass it along.
          “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
          ― Pythagoras

Comment

2 suggestions.

Cut the time out between posts to 10 sec or zero. It makes it harder for people to report multiple spam posts.

It is possible to make Admins who can only do member issues, and make one or two senior reliable mods, who are around a lot, into admins with limited power to just work in the member area. There is a menu where the super admin can adjust Admin privileges and make new admins where you can do that.
            Liberty, Equality, Humanity

Comment

Originally posted by Patriarch View Post
              2 suggestions.

Cut the time out between posts to 10 sec or zero. It makes it harder for people to report multiple spam posts.
              theres no need for that once you report a bot you dont need to report all of its posts only one we will go thou all there post and get rid of them
              Interested in men rights activism in the Sydney area ?
              Go to mensrightssydney.com

Comment

Fucking spammers, can mod privileges be stepped up to kick them and their posts?

Comment

An Admin should PM or eMail me on human verification settings to improve spambot application rejection rates.

Comment

I got completely locked off the forum for the last 24 hrs. All I could get was "forbidden" when I tried to click on a page.
                    Ephesians 5 "Husbands, Love your wives like Christ loved the Church". (Wives, give your husbands something to love).
                    "Wives, RESPECT your husbands". (Husbands, give your wives something to respect.)

For a man does not truly feel loved unless his wife, mother, and children display respect to him.

"From each MAN according to his abilty, to each WOMAN according to her need"... Allison Tienemann

"Feminism is a HATE group... Feminists are HATEFUL people"... Mr. e

"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem."... Ronald Reagan

Comment

Me too. They obviously had tech problems.

Computers & web sites can be a pain in the bottom to run.

Much thanks and a tip of the hat to the Geeks that keep this place up and running.

Comment

We had a technical glitch... Our guy was on it like white on rice... Sorry folks.

Al

Comment

Unfortunately I could not log on to the sight yesterday with the same message as theplumber. Sorry about that all.
                          ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
                          virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
                          AVFM Mission Statement
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theplummer View Post
                            I got completely locked off the forum for the last 24 hrs. All I could get was "forbidden" when I tried to click on a page.
                            Error 403?

IF so I have the same think.

The man Page was Okey. But forum was Forbidden.

Comment

Working...
                            X