Forum Migration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Migration

We recently migrated the forums to a cloud service and upgraded from VB4-VB5. Should have taken a few hours and turned into a few days. As you can see we lost formatting in the transition and will be working soon. GOM
    ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
    virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
    AVFM Mission Statement
    sigpic

nice work.
    stuff like this takes time, effort, and tech
    full of pitfalls.

Did well.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Comment

Thanks GOM for letting folks know. I was unable to at the time. Gimme a few days and Ill hopefully have the formatting back to some sense of normalcy.

TMOTS

Comment

I was wondering what was going on. I came on and every thing was different, I thought I was on the wrong Forum or some thing haha.
        "You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength." - Marcus Aurelius

"Natural ability without education has more often raised a man to glory and virtue than education without natural ability." - Marcus Aurelius

"Draw from your past, but do not let your past draw from you." - Bra'tac of Chulak (Stargate SG-1)

Comment

Originally posted by The Man On The Street View Post
          Thanks GOM for letting folks know. I was unable to at the time. Gimme a few days and Ill hopefully have the formatting back to some sense of normalcy.

TMOTS
          Is it possible to get back the page-count on the subforum posting list thread header field?
          Now I can only open threads on page 1; in the old lay-out, one could go to any page.

TiA!

M

Comment

Ill add that to the list of things to look inf=to. Right now, I am having a fun time just making things act as they should... lol

TMOTS

Comment

I'm a big fan of the >10 posts on a single page. If your infrastructure will support it I'd be happy to see it pushed to 20....(or have the option for me to choose how many to show)
              "...but when she goes off you, she will not just walk away, she will walk away with your fucking skin in a jar." ~~ DoctorRandomercam
              "The laws of man, they don't apply when blood gets in a woman's eye" - The Black Keys

Comment

Originally posted by The Man On The Street View Post
                Ill add that to the list of things to look inf=to. Right now, I am having a fun time just making things act as they should... lol

TMOTS
                Betide, betide ... no rush. Thx for your hard work.

M

Comment

OK folks. I have narrowed down the issue with the login not working correctly. Primarily its an issue with the cloud services. They are working on it. What I did discover though was that if you have your existing link for the previous forums, the login script issue seems to happen. If you use the following link: https://d2ec906f9aea-003845.vbulletin.net/ and then login the script works.

Not truly fixed, but a sort of work around.

TMOTS

Comment

Working...
                  X