Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Grumpy Old Man is now a Moderator

Congrats, GOM!
    Spoon boy: Do not try and bend the Patriarchy. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
    Neo: What truth?
    Spoon boy: There is no Patriarchy.

Apparently, women get only 77 cents for every dollar a man earns. We only have 23 cents left, but feminists insist they want the rest.

Comment

Hey, I wanna be mod too - if a grumpy old man can do it, why can't a vigorous younger one like me can't?

OK, back to being serious, I'm sincerely surprised that he wasn't a mod already.

Congrats and keep up the good work.
      My IRC chat server: nonmarxism.serveirc.com

Or, for those who don't know how to IRC, click here: https://kiwiirc.com/client/nonmarxism.serveirc.com/avfm

Comment

G'day GOM.

I've read every one of your posts and know already that TPH made a wise call.

Welcome to your new role and there is no doubt you will pull more rabbits out of your hat with a new angle or other salient points. You do us well with your accepting the mod chair.

Kudos and respect mate.

IW.

Comment

Congratulations Grumpy Old Man, welcome to the world of moderation, everything in moderation is good.
          “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
          ― Pythagoras

Comment

Originally posted by victor.zen
            Much deserved.
            this

Comment

Even though I am new here and still learning the ropes, I have seen enough to know they picked the good man for the job. Congratulations and thank you for volunteering.

Does this mean you have to stop being grumpy?
              See My Blog

Comment

I missed this thread. Great choice. Congrats grumps and thanks for the public service.

While I'm here, a thanks to all mods and Paul and everyone for this site. The guys who contribute the way you do, and the chicks too, is a real thing and has helped me personally. It's an awesome site and at the top of the list of my faves. The good that I see here for boys and men often blows my mind. What you all do by contributing like you do, well, you should be fucking proud of yourselves. Congrats again grumps. Keep it real.
                \"Anger is the real destroyer of our good human qualities; an enemy with a weapon cannot destroy these qualities, but anger can. Anger is our real enemy.\" - Dalai Lama

Comment

Originally posted by Tilwer
                  Even though I am new here and still learning the ropes, I have seen enough to know they picked the good man for the job. Congratulations and thank you for volunteering.

Does this mean you have to stop being grumpy?
                  Hell no! I earned it.
                  [hr]
                  Originally posted by justice007
                  I missed this thread. Great choice. Congrats grumps and thanks for the public service.

While I'm here, a thanks to all mods and Paul and everyone for this site. The guys who contribute the way you do, and the chicks too, is a real thing and has helped me personally. It's an awesome site and at the top of the list of my faves. The good that I see here for boys and men often blows my mind. What you all do by contributing like you do, well, you should be fucking proud of yourselves. Congrats again grumps. Keep it real.
                  Keeping it real...thx.
                  ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
                  virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
                  AVFM Mission Statement
                  sigpic

Comment

You have the touch!
                    You have the power!
                    The ancient shitposter returns.

Comment

Originally posted by MrScruffles
                      You have the touch!
                      You have the power!
                      You know what a six foot mouse says to a cat?

Here Kitty Kitty!

AVFM Mission Statement
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Old Man
                        You have the touch!
                        You have the power!

Here Kitty Kitty!
                        Are you still a moderator? It's not clear to me at all who is still a moderator besides Paul and Admin. I know there was supposed to be a reconstruction month and then an announcement, but maybe I missed it.

Chris
                        White privilege is just like 'the patriarchy' for minorities!
                        Womyn, to take the man out of woman, too stupid to know Y it's a bad idea

Comment

Originally posted by christo930
                          You have the touch!
                          You have the power!

Here Kitty Kitty!
                          Are you still a moderator? It's not clear to me at all who is still a moderator besides Paul and Admin. I know there was supposed to be a reconstruction month and then an announcement, but maybe I missed it.

Chris
                          Christo, yes we did reorganize and currently have three moderators, myself, Reyeko, and Malcolm. TMOTs is now the lead Admin and pretty much lets us run the show and answers our questions. We have let the members self moderate as a whole and have been participating in the forums and generally just being one of the guys. A pleasant surprise is everyone (members) have done a great job and understand the importance of letting folks discuss issues and not degenerating into a hate this hate that forum but one where open discussion and facts are at the forefront. With that our job has been easy; sit back enjoy the discussion, boot spammers and participate as members. So I take it as a complement that we aren't at the front of your view...I'm still Grumpy though and get to say them as I see them.

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showteam.php

AVFM Mission Statement
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by christo930
                            You have the touch!
                            You have the power!

Here Kitty Kitty!

Chris
                            Christo, yes we did reorganize and currently have three moderators, myself, Reyeko, and Malcolm. TMOTs is now the lead Admin and pretty much lets us run the show and answers our questions. We have let the members self moderate as a whole and have been participating in the forums and generally just being one of the guys. A pleasant surprise is everyone (members) have done a great job and understand the importance of letting folks discuss issues and not degenerating into a hate this hate that forum but one where open discussion and facts are at the forefront. With that our job has been easy; sit back enjoy the discussion, boot spammers and participate as members. So I take it as a complement that we aren't at the front of your view...I'm still Grumpy though and get to say them as I see them.

http://forums.avoiceformen.com/showteam.php
                            Yes, it's kind of funny and cool that we went through this period where there was very little visible moderation (I didn't see any) and pretty much everyone acted like an adult (that I saw). Not bad for an internet forum! But I'm glad that you're back.

Chris
                            White privilege is just like 'the patriarchy' for minorities!
                            Womyn, to take the man out of woman, too stupid to know Y it's a bad idea

Comment

The nice thing about self-moderation is that it is tremendously effective when the community subculture develops. Outliers are easy to spot from that point on.

Comment

Christo,

As GOM stated.. if you dont see/hear us, then we are doing our jobs correctly. And as such, the membership is doing it in a way for us. This is the AVfM way.

TMOTS
                                Al

Comment

Working...
                                X