Hell hath no fury like a feminist who finds a man disagrees with her

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell hath no fury like a feminist who finds a man disagrees with her

A thread was started in the Vivaldi forum by a guy whose sympathetic to feminism. A lady called Steffie wrote, in support, speaking of her disgust at the abuse of women by Islamic extremists. I observed that Islamic states that are extremist and oppressive are kept in power by weaponry supplied by us, the west, as with Saudi Arabia. As we're arming the extremists, I observed, we're not in a good position to lament the lack of human rights, including those of women, in these states. Some here may disagree with me, and say so, but I don't think any would have reacted with quite the anger and hysteria that Steffie did. These are her words.

Your gall & obstinacy astounds me! You... YOU... were the one who injected this tangent into our unrelated thread. YOU are the one who keeps flogging it despite others requesting you desist. YOU are the one who is apparently disingenuous enough to offer a faux-apology when you did initially embark on your thread-hijack but thereafter ignore every entreaty for you to stop.

You're bloody astonishing! Indeed, your shouty self-important unrelenting single-focus diatribe actually illustrates one of my original points. I, a woman, elsewhere in the Vivaldi fora/blogosphere, made a sarcastic remark chiding some blokes who persistently wrote as if women don't exist, or don't matter. After a bit of back & forth, Ayespy kindly re-purposed one of my lines into this new thread, & has done a fine job*personing*the bulwarks since. You come along belatedly & singlehandedly commandeer this thread, & then pig-headedly refuse to hear or acknowledge that your polemic is not appropriate here.

I've decided you're simply a troll, & i'm not going to feed you any further. Enjoy talking to yourself here now.

Goodness!

Originally posted by Plato the 2nd View Post
    chiding some blokes who persistently wrote as if women don't exist, or don't matter.
    Oh, they exist alright.
    “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
    ― Pythagoras

Comment

Those crisis are good. They shaw to the public the true nature of feminists. That's how we slowly grow.

Comment

Try an experiment. Infiltrate their forum as a woman and ask the same kind of question... Nobody will take your side if you are a man, but as a woman, some might do.

And they will tear each other appart.

Comment

i see no problems or thread highjack i think it was quite relevant to the topic at hand and..very logical point to me.
          Originally posted by MatrixTransform
          where were you before you put yourself last?
          Originally posted by TheNarrator
          Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

Working...
          X