Why I'm here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I'm here.

My name is Nathaniel Postma. I am currently a student in college studying Social Services Youth Specialty. In other words, I'm going to become a youth worker.

I was raised by my grandmother, and two aunts until I was twelve years old. In that time, after my great grandmother passed away, things went downhill. Abused, neglected, silenced, and humiliated in front of my peers. At 4 years old, I was sexually molested by one of my aunts, and after attempting to tell my grandmother, I was silenced. She refused to believe me. Acted as if I was lying.

Finally at twelve, I was put into foster care after too many ignored reports to social services of child abuse. From there, I was moved from foster home to foster home, almost literally living out of a garbage bag of clothes and a few possessions.

At nineteen, when I aged out, I had already been dating a girl for a few months. She eventually became pregnant, and of course things again went sour. She became very controlling, manipulative, and physically, mentally, and emotionally abusive. After a year of fighting for custody of my daughter from the ministry that chewed me up and spat me back out, She became pregnant with my son. This was of course after I had told her that I wasn't ready to have another child, that it was too soon, but of course she didn't listen. Without warning, or knowledge, she went off her birth control, and of course she got pregnant.

Not long after he was born, she became much more physically abusive. Throwing punches, glasses, plates, basically whatever she could find. Throughout our relationship, I had made reports to the police, they would respond, but do nothing about it. Nobody was arrested, and I was left ignored, and discouraged once again. Now I am engaged to a wonderful woman whom I can say is an anti feminist, equalist, and simply loves my children and I.

We are fighting for custody of my two children. They are now the recipients of my ex's abuse, and at the moment, I'm powerless to do anything about it. Over ten ministry calls on her in less than a year, and nothing has been done. I am here because I want to be an advocate for boys and men.

Welcome to the AVFM forums Nathan, hope to see you participating on these threads.
    “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
    ― Pythagoras

Comment

Thanks for the welcome! Hopefully I can become more of an active member of AVFM.

Actually, I had messaged a moderator on AVFM on Facebook, with a meme for domestic violence that I made, and a request for resources. I have a project on advocacy, and the subject I chose was boys in school, and how they're done a serious injustice. I was wondering if you could help me out with some resources that I could check out.

Comment

Hello and welcome! Hope things work out for you.
        Feminism: Making men perpetual trouble makers and making women perpetual victims - it hurts everyone.
        Feminism isn't about a "sisterhood", it's about victimhood.

Comment

What kind of resources would you be looking for?
          “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
          ― Pythagoras

Comment

Statistics, programs, or lacking thereof for boys in school. I know the school systems are failing boys, and I want to know what the problem stems from. For example, a no recess policy is in question, and I know that it would directly affect boys because we all know as a lot of us were young boys at one point in our lives, that we can't sit still for long, resulting in an inability to properly concentrate. I want to find where this policy came from, and why. What the "findings" were. So on. I've already done quite a lot of the research, I was wondering if maybe feminism had more than something to do with the change in school policies.

Comment

This might be a good place to start; http://forums.avoiceformen.com/forum...tats-Warehouse
              ― Pythagoras

Comment

Welcome to the forums.
                ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
                virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
                AVFM Mission Statement
                sigpic

Comment

Meow, welcome.
                  The ancient shitposter returns.

Comment

Welcome Nathan. Sounds like you have been through the ringer, if we can help in any way we can and welcome aboard.
                    We are fighting the good fight and attitudes are changing. Really glad to have you with us.

We have a graphics thread for posting Memes as well.
                    http://forums.avoiceformen.com/forum...aphics-and-Art
                    "Claiming a movement called 'Feminism' is about sexual equality is like claiming a movement called 'Aryanism' is about racial equality."
                    Realsexism.com - Real Sexism is against Men

Comment

Working...
                    X