No announcement yet.

Happy to Be Here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still believe that the crux of society is both the individual but also the family unit; so men should be incentivized to participate in that. They get destroyed in family courts even when they want to do the right thing, with utterly insane penalties imposed upon them (loosing their drivers license and passport for example - what good is that going to do), if they are to default of any payments. I know a guy who, like many had always paid until the financial crisis hit - what happened to him in the wake of that by the family courts has only further destroyed him; it helps nobody.

Of course for men to want this - relationships have to actually be beneficial to men and many modern women view men as disposable - that needs to change too, we need to restore the integrity of males and masculinity in modern society and start placing more emphasis on honoring our differences and playing to our strengths instead of trying to one-up one another. "The Church" excels at teaching this, and with a male godhead are naturally positioned to do so - but my impression is that their numbers are dwindling and there needs to be other pathways through which that message can be restored sans the 'god and hellfire and brimstone' stuff. Media too and network executives could do a lot too to change the scope of programs to incorporate male-positive images as something other than your gay best-metrosexual male friend.

Academics definitely have a role too and can be pretty effective if they organize... how did the women's and gender studies programs infiltrate in the first place and how are the funded (apart from just leeching off the sciences and tuition)? Can they be defunded - why are academics in other departments NOT revolting. Follow RealPeerReview on Twitter, it's a good start at exposure - Unfortunately, the people behind that refuse to go public as there have already been attempts at their jobs. Replace these programs with something actually useful, like trade programs or computer science (find programs that bring in more money to the University than Women's Studies).

There are organizations like the National Women's Studies Association, who I believe set the "standards" for accreditation and such for the women's programs - who is funding this and behind this, their webpage is very cryptic? I noticed they have an active agenda to "rewrite" Wikipedia - that's insane...! Where are the academics, are there any left? I applaud the University of Chicago and their dean who announced that there would be no safe spaces on campus and we need to take a good look at Title IX which is increasingly invoked to assume guilt until innocence is proven = wrong.

There's lots of things that can be done.

Originally posted by Manalysis View Post
    I see your ancient etruscan name translates to "Apprentice Lion", or "Predator-in-training" ... something to live up to, if one believes that nomen est omen
    So, could you detail what you think we should keep men engaged in? The goal dictates the route, so it'd be useful to have it plotted.

M
    Last edited by CamilleLion; 04-12-2017, 05:45 AM.
    "De-polarize women and re-moralize men." - Me

Comment

I see you are getting acquainted with the forum members.

Welcome and am looking forward to your perspective.

GOM
      ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
      virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
      AVFM Mission Statement
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CamilleLion View Post
        I still believe that the crux of society is both the individual but also the family unit; so men should be incentivized to participate in that. They get destroyed in family courts even when they want to do the right thing, with utterly insane penalties imposed upon them (loosing their drivers license and passport for example - what good is that going to do), if they are to default of any payments. I know a guy who, like many had always paid until the financial crisis hit - what happened to him in the wake of that by the family courts has only further destroyed him; it helps nobody.

Of course for men to want this - relationships have to actually be beneficial to men and many modern women view men as disposable - that needs to change too, we need to restore the integrity of males and masculinity in modern society and start placing more emphasis on honoring our differences and playing to our strengths instead of trying to one-up one another.
        This certainly touches many key issues. Marriage strike, MGTOW, family law and lots more.

"The Church" excels at teaching this, and with a male godhead are naturally positioned to do so
        A matter of time.
        Religion has proven very flexible and malleable in its pursuit to remain relevant.
        With church attendance now being predominantly female, Lady Jehovina, a Holy Feminine Spirit and Mary Magdalene being "co-Jesus", if not more important, is probably not far off.

Media too and network executives could do a lot too to change the scope of programs to incorporate male-positive images as something other than your gay best-metrosexual male friend.
        What, only "gay best-metrosexual"? What's intersectional about dat? You racist islamophobe ableist, or what ...?

Academics definitely have a role too and can be pretty effective if they organize... how did the women's and gender studies programs infiltrate in the first place and how are the funded (apart from just leeching off the sciences and tuition)? Can they be defunded - why are academics in other departments NOT revolting. Follow RealPeerReview on Twitter, it's a good start at exposure -
        JEEBZ - never knew about this, already had hours of alternately laughing and shuddering.
        The only thing uglier than seeing postmodernism disappearing up its own posterior sphincter is this exposition of said aperture's public prolapse.
        I never suspected it was this bad.

Unfortunately, the people behind that refuse to go public as there have already been attempts at their jobs.
        Figures. From all sides.

Replace these programs with something actually useful, like trade programs or computer science (find programs that bring in more money to the University than Women's Studies).
        There are organizations like the National Women's Studies Association, who I believe set the "standards" for accreditation and such for the women's programs - who is funding this and behind this, their webpage is very cryptic? I noticed they have an active agenda to "rewrite" Wikipedia - that's insane...! Where are the academics, are there any left? I applaud the University of Chicago and their dean who announced that there would be no safe spaces on campus and we need to take a good look at Title IX which is increasingly invoked to assume guilt until innocence is proven = wrong.
        That is quite a boil to lance.

There's lots of things that can be done.
        Should be done, at least. What can be done?

M

Comment

i also applaud the dean of UoChicago. and i was amazed when he did that..and i told all my younger US based males that if they wanted to go to uni..they should endorse that school and go there! (but none did listen)
          Originally posted by MatrixTransform
          where were you before you put yourself last?
          Originally posted by TheNarrator
          Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Manalysis View Post

Should be done, at least. What can be done?

M
            and what IS being done? seems to me theres a lot being done in the other camp..not a whole lot in ours.
            Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

I swear that a section on this site that allows us to crowdsource potential resources and highlight the positive and what is being done - would go a long way! If there is such a thing, I seem to have missed it - please point it out to me.

Originally posted by TheNarrator View Post
              and what IS being done? seems to me theres a lot being done in the other camp..not a whole lot in ours.

Comment

Yep - that dean should be promoted to oversee other deans elsewhere and given a platform to present his reasoning, etc... at their conventions and gatherings! I hope that is/was the case.

i also applaud the dean of UoChicago. and i was amazed when he did that..and i told all my younger US based males that if they wanted to go to uni..they should endorse that school and go there! (but none did listen)

Comment

Thank you for your welcome.

So, I consider myself to be a bit of a canary in the coal mine for what may come as more and more women enter the work force and take on 'masculine' roles, but hopefully a best case example. I've been though lots of different ideologies and have had to operate on high levels where I've gotten to see men, up close and personal and also been able to step back enough to examine the nature of men and women. I used to complain about 'the glass ceiling" until I could experience for myself the lengths and degrees to which men were willing to go in their own endeavors and careers and to push society forward. I now no longer complain but personally support the role of men (in aggregate) in leadership positions over many women (in aggregate), truthfully. I also support the role of men as leaders in their own homes.

My beliefs are not rooted in Christianity nor religion, i.e. some ancient dogma but in the modern experience and unhappiness I think many women are now facing. I also believe that women are starting to awaken to this - that there are tell tale signs of this... Consider the 50 shades phenomena; while fundamentally a romance novel that puts forward an unattainable image of 'the ideal male' - women overwhelmingly had a visceral reaction to it and to an acceptance of male dominance. I think that those sort of things are a good indicator that the desire for correction is there... its just a matter of finding the way to do that.
                  I think 50 thing is mostly sexual in nature, there are some scientists that think at some point all human sexual encounters were forceful, and there is reason to believe some vestige of that would remain even when that is not how we do things for a long time now. The funny thing about it is that women have no idea how much power they wield, all this men you mention, i can bet vast majority of them did what they did to appease some woman, female approval is, for better or worse, one of the strongest drivers of men, sadly feminists have been poisoning this well for some time now and it may not be long before it is completely unusable, if or when that comes to pass, as an atheist i have to say, God help us all.
                  I sexually identify as a sword pommel, check your privilege or i will have to end you RIGHTLY.

Comment

It is my belief that authentically dominant men - are men who are not demoralized and men who still want to stay engaged and have relationships with women... that they control and that is to their benefit, and know how to. I think on many levels, this is what many people want and that one of the things to do - is to study and promote authentically dominant men; support them helping and guiding other men and take "dominance and submission" out of the kink environment (which is hedonic trap many fall into and can never crawl out of to realize the benefits) and generalize it as much as possible. In some sense, I think 50 shades is like a PUA approach to reaching women on an emotional level to something they may not have otherwise have realized.

Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
                    I think 50 thing is mostly sexual in nature, there are some scientists that think at some point all human sexual encounters were forceful, and there is reason to believe some vestige of that would remain even when that is not how we do things for a long time now. The funny thing about it is that women have no idea how much power they wield, all this men you mention, i can bet vast majority of them did what they did to appease some woman, female approval is, for better or worse, one of the strongest drivers of men, sadly feminists have been poisoning this well for some time now and it may not be long before it is completely unusable, if or when that comes to pass, as an atheist i have to say, God help us all.

Comment

Welcome to the AVFM forums CamilleLion.
                      “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
                      ― Pythagoras

Comment

It is my belief that authentically dominant men - are men who are not demoralized and men who still want to stay engaged and have relationships with women... that they control and that is to their benefit, and know how to. I think on many levels, this is what many people want and that one of the things to do - is to study and promote authentically dominant men; support them helping and guiding other men and take "dominance and submission" out of the kink environment (which is hedonic trap many fall into and can never crawl out of to realize the benefits) and generalize it as much as possible. In some sense, I think 50 shades is like a PUA approach to reaching women on an emotional level to something they may not have otherwise have realized.
                        this works up and until the system gets involved.

then the men can no longer control anything.
                        they are controlled instead.

edit: 50shades was garbage!heh

Comment

Agree - but it was very telling at the same time.

edit: 50shades was garbage!heh

Comment

Agree - but it was very telling at the same time.
                            yes it was, my partner read it on principle so she could tell people it sucked balls.

and she does..lol every chance she gets

Comment

Yes, it was very fashionable to dislike and criticize the books - and yet, every single woman in my book club admitted it turned them on in private. It's not meant to be an accurate or realistic portrayal at all for those kinds of relationships: its a romance novel = fantasy, not a documentary.

yes it was, my partner read it on principle so she could tell people it sucked balls.

and she does..lol every chance she gets

Comment

Yes, it was very fashionable to dislike and criticize the books - and yet, every single woman in my book club admitted it turned them on in private. It's not meant to be an accurate or realistic portrayal at all for those kinds of relationships: its a romance novel = fantasy, not a documentary.
                                my girlfriend thought the sex in it was terrible repetitive and unimaginative

Comment

Working...
                                X