Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from a new member

Hello i am AJ (nick name)
    I live in Virginia and write software for a living.
    My first brush with Men's rights came in 2010 online when i saw a bunch of YouTube videos by Karen Straughan. I really did feel that she articulated all of my thoughts in her videos.
    I am originally from East India but have steeled down in the USA for 17 years now a citizen here. In India i come from a classified forward community (so no help from the system but a lot of disdain and shaming)
    Now some may be surprised if i said this - even in India within the forward community feminist values are very prevalent and men are all but marginalized.
    Since my late teens i have always felt the need for better representation for men and men's needs/rights.
    My personal story of growing up may have been a very difficult one especially because of my mom who was violent and aggressive towards me for the only reason
    i was Male and her cruelty which knew no end was very selective and my father never saw me as some one with potential (being in forward community, life is very competitive). But I am here and have made a decent life for myself. I love living here in the USA.
    I have a strong sense of conviction about rights and fighting for men - In today's world that is so blinded to any thing related to mens issues, i feel the need to contribute in any way and participate.
    Look forward to being part of this community - from my online research i notice this is by far the biggest one i have noticed online.

Welcome to the forums.

Comment

Welcome to the forums.
      ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
      virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
      AVFM Mission Statement
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anthirumalai View Post
        Hello i am AJ (nick name)
        Hi, and welcome.

Now some may be surprised if i said this - even in India within the forward community feminist values are very prevalent and men are all but marginalized.
        Not really surprised ... it's the same wherever you go.

"Classified forward community " ... if I'm not mistaken, historically, that used to be called something else and a lot less flattering ... ?
        Probably tough; a lot of stuff is just First World Problems, compared to that, I think.

I am here and have made a decent life for myself.
        Good to hear.

I have a strong sense of conviction about rights and fighting for men - In today's world that is so blinded to any thing related to mens issues, i feel the need to contribute in any way and participate.
        Look forward to being part of this community - from my online research i notice this is by far the biggest one i have noticed online.
        If you saw it where you came from ... how does the MRA thing compare to where you are now? Is there a difference?
        You must be in a good position to compare, and I'd like to her your take on that subject.

M

Comment

Warm welcome to you sir, I myself am an NRI (or today, PIO) Brit.
          >>"and in other news, the Judge in the case of AVFM Vs Feminazism ruled today that the creators of 'Gender Equality' are guilty of Intent to Obtain Social Change by Deception. The Feminazi case collapsed just one day into the trial, after a 1st year medical student demonstrated that men are not, in fact, equal to women".<<

Newbie AVFM Member, 2 days in: "My eyes, why do my eyes hurt?"

Jaybee, cautious tone: "You've never used them before".

Comment

Hello and Welcome!

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
                Welcome to the forums.
                Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Usagi Yojimbo View Post
                  Hello and Welcome!
                  Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybee View Post
                    Warm welcome to you sir, I myself am an NRI (or today, PIO) Brit.
                    Thanks Jay - nice to meet you. You can call me AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Manalysis View Post
                      Hi, and welcome.

Not really surprised ... it's the same wherever you go.

"Classified forward community " ... if I'm not mistaken, historically, that used to be called something else and a lot less flattering ... ?
                      Probably tough; a lot of stuff is just First World Problems, compared to that, I think.

Good to hear.

If you saw it where you came from ... how does the MRA thing compare to where you are now? Is there a difference?
                      You must be in a good position to compare, and I'd like to her your take on that subject.

M
                      Well In india i cant say there is much support for and by MRA. The system including political, legal/justice and mass media is very feminist centric. I have to say feminism is very much a political tool in India.

Comment

Originally posted by anthirumalai View Post
                        Thanks Jay - nice to meet you. You can call me AJ.
                        You can call me JB . Jay is reserved for only the 1-2 very closest people

I look forward to your insights on how we men are fighting back in India, where feminism got off to a very late start. I would imagine feminism is very vogue over there, as it stemmed from the west.

I think women worldwide need to realise that female empowerment is something WOMEN need to work for, not MEN who need to pay for. Or rather, pay even more for.
                        Last edited by Jaybee; 10-24-2017, 08:33 AM.
                        >>"and in other news, the Judge in the case of AVFM Vs Feminazism ruled today that the creators of 'Gender Equality' are guilty of Intent to Obtain Social Change by Deception. The Feminazi case collapsed just one day into the trial, after a 1st year medical student demonstrated that men are not, in fact, equal to women".<<

Newbie AVFM Member, 2 days in: "My eyes, why do my eyes hurt?"

Jaybee, cautious tone: "You've never used them before".

Comment

Welcome to the AVFM forums.
                          “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
                          ― Pythagoras

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
                            Welcome to the AVFM forums.
                            Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybee View Post
                              You can call me JB . Jay is reserved for only the 1-2 very closest people

I look forward to your insights on how we men are fighting back in India, where feminism got off to a very late start. I would imagine feminism is very vogue over there, as it stemmed from the west.

I think women worldwide need to realise that female empowerment is something WOMEN need to work for, not MEN who need to pay for. Or rather, pay even more for.

JB - thats right very well said - it is for women to work it - but unfortunately what has happened is with the support of mass media and the system, feminism has successfully helped them to a system of handouts. Today it is safe to say feminism is a tool for politics and power and nothing to do with equality as the claims go. Now you may be wrong to think feminism got off to a late start in india. my mon borm in the early 1950s to a very middle class family back home had a masters degree. I mean any segment in society that has had the means has provided and empowered its women and also raised them with a sense of entitlement. It is just that now in India we see vast segments in society with more means. But lets not forget regardless society world over with or without means has always protected its women - women were never put on the front lines or made to work physical labor when thats all the options that was available to a vast majority of societies men. Life has gotten cushy and allows owmen to work nice jobs in offices today - they are deluded to a point where they believe men did them wrong in the past and didnt let them work blah blah.

Comment

Working...
                              X