Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome AJ!

Comment

Welcome! From the few things I've seen about both man-blaming feminism and gynocentric tradcons in India, it sounds like the red pill is sorely needed there. Are Indian men starting to avoid marriage? If they are, how are the women and society reacting?
      Last edited by WontStepUp; 11-02-2017, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LucasJohnson View Post
        Welcome AJ!
        Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by WontStepUp View Post
          Welcome! From the few things I've seen about both man-blaming feminism and gynocentric tradcons in India, it sounds like the red pill is sorely needed there. Are Indian men starting to walk away from marriage? If they are, how are the women and society reacting?
          Well it is hard for men to walk away easily from marriages. The system makes it to costly for men to initiate a divorce. The system will threaten the entire family (mans). Men over the last generation have become very devalued, especially in a global setting india is part of - the indian men are unfairly looked down upon by their own women particularly in the forward community. Men are stuck and there is not much empathy for them. The other way round it is very easy for a woman to get a divorce and certainly the system - mainstream media etc will celebrate them. Yes In India there needs to be a lot of work done in the field of men's rights (MR). I did mention once to an indian friend about MR and he was surprized there is such a thing as that - so i hope u understand what i am saying.

Comment

Originally posted by anthirumalai View Post
            Well it is hard for men to walk away easily from marriages.
            By "walking away from marriage," I meant choosing not to get married at all. My apologies for being unclear. I'll edit my post above.

Comment

Originally posted by WontStepUp View Post
              By "walking away from marriage," I meant choosing not to get married at all. My apologies for being unclear. I'll edit my post above.
              Some brave few dont i would guess so. But in significant numbers that has gained notoriety - NO. besides in a collectivist environment falling out can be very humiliating.

Comment

This is truly appalling - the way CNN is making out MRA and "The red pill" documentary to be. Please see the link.
                http://money.cnn.com/technology/divi...?page=red-pill

I dont think MRA is alt-right or racist by any means.
                MRA and "The red pill" in my opinion is not political at all at this time (unfortunately), but isn't feminism a tool of politics??

Comment

Originally posted by Manalysis View Post
                  Hi, and welcome.

Not really surprised ... it's the same wherever you go.

"Classified forward community " ... if I'm not mistaken, historically, that used to be called something else and a lot less flattering ... ?
                  Probably tough; a lot of stuff is just First World Problems, compared to that, I think.

Good to hear.

If you saw it where you came from ... how does the MRA thing compare to where you are now? Is there a difference?
                  You must be in a good position to compare, and I'd like to her your take on that subject.

M
                  Does the organization have any events and how to contribute etc with our efforts??

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybee View Post
                    Warm welcome to you sir, I myself am an NRI (or today, PIO) Brit.

Does the organization have any events and how to contribute etc with our efforts??

Comment

Some brave few dont i would guess so. But in significant numbers that has gained notoriety - NO. besides in a collectivist environment falling out can be very humiliating.

Comment

I don't know which organization you refer to ...?
                        If you mean AVfM, they organize the International Conference on Men's issues, ICMI.

M

Comment

Originally posted by Manalysis View Post
                          I don't know which organization you refer to ...?
                          If you mean AVfM, they organize the International Conference on Men's issues, ICMI.

M
                          Yes avFM - how do we know when and where the conference is. outside of that any way the members meet etc.

Comment

Yes avFM - how do we know when and where the conference is.
                            The invitation is posted on the main page:
                            https://www.avoiceformen.com/a-voice...lies-about-it/

outside of that any way the members meet etc.
                            Umh ... I think you mistake the nature of AVfM.
                            It's an online magazine, and the people you meet in the forum are readers, spread all over the world.
                            ACfM is not an organization, at least not for the forum menbers, and there are no meetings.

It is possible to call for local meetings of interested people in the "Activism" subforum:
                            http://forums.avoiceformen.com/forum...ship-viewable).

HTH.

M

Comment

I noticed the location is not available to us for the usual reasons. Now where will the conference be held. Do people participate and meet any where on a regular basis.

Comment

Working...
                              X