Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Movement says hello!!

Hi everyone!

I've been following men's issues and men's rights advocates (AVFM, The Red Pill, etc) for the past three years. Facing the prospect of finding a wife and building a family, I realized that our society (especially Western societies) needs a new approach. To properly address the many issues we face today, from 3rd wave feminism to the lack of proper male figures in the life of many boys, we need a new global tribe, and The New Movement aims to help create that.

We have a lot of very serious challenges ahead of us, but we also live in an age with unprecedented access to global communication and education.

The premise of The New Movement is that the root problem of all the issues we face in any society are multi-faceted, and that any one specific philosophy or ideology will not work. For example, just focusing on politics (communism vs. democracy), social justice, technology, etc. Compartmentalizing issues will not work either - we must tackle all of them in unison, a coordinated approach at the same moment in time, in the same geographic location, and applied by an entire population (i.e. codified in a new constitution).

The New Movement's approach critiques and provides solutions to the following seven major areas of the human experience:
    • sex & relationships
    • drugs & spirituality
    • power & politics
    • money & wealth
    • religious tolerance & terrorism
    • science (including environmentalism) & technology
    • health & fitness

This is a global movement. Your support is needed, whereever you happen to live. Wake up from the ride and stay woke.

I hope to hear from many of you here!

Links:

Join the discussion on Reddit

Watch us on YouTube

Follow us on Twitter

Join us on Facebook

Support The New Movement

About me:

My name is Yonas Yanfa. I'm 33 years old, born and raised in Canada. I graduated from the University of Waterloo in Computer Science.

Watch us on YouTube

Follow us on Twitter

Join us on Facebook

Support The New Movement

Wake up from the ride and stay woke.

Originally posted by TheNewMovement View Post
    ... we must tackle all of them in unison, a coordinated approach at the same moment in time, in the same geographic location, and applied by an entire population (i.e. codified in a new constitution).
    ah the Prophet ... magic mushrooms will do that to ya.

mate seriously, how will your metaphysical sandwich be better than a 5000 year buffet?
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixTransform View Post
      ah the Prophet ...
      Thanks! It's about god damn time somebody recognized... oh, you were joking.

... magic mushrooms will do that to ya.
      Haven't tried them yet. Looking forward to it now, though! :P

mate seriously, how will your metaphysical sandwich be better than a 5000 year buffet?
      5000 year buffet... is that referring to Judaism?

What I'm proposing will take advantage of everything we learned over the past 5000 years, not discard it. We don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Watch us on YouTube

Follow us on Twitter

Join us on Facebook

Support The New Movement

Comment

5000 year buffet... is that referring to Judaism?
        No, not Judaism, or Confucianism and anything like.
        I mean here we are after 1000s of years of stuff that works...here we are...on the cusp of changing everything with no proof of efficacy

What I'm proposing will take advantage of everything we learned over the past 5000 years, not discard it. We don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water.
        Exactly my point :-)
        "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
        "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Comment

Hi everyone!

I've been following men's issues and men's rights advocates (AVFM, The Red Pill, etc) for the past three years. Facing the prospect of finding a wife and building a family, I realized that our society (especially Western societies) needs a new approach. To properly address the many issues we face today, from 3rd wave feminism to the lack of proper male figures in the life of many boys, we need a new global tribe, and The New Movement aims to help create that.

We have a lot of very serious challenges ahead of us, but we also live in an age with unprecedented access to global communication and education.

The premise of The New Movement is that the root problem of all the issues we face in any society are multi-faceted, and that any one specific philosophy or ideology will not work. For example, just focusing on politics (communism vs. democracy), social justice, technology, etc. Compartmentalizing issues will not work either - we must tackle all of them in unison, a coordinated approach at the same moment in time, in the same geographic location, and applied by an entire population (i.e. codified in a new constitution).

The New Movement's approach critiques and provides solutions to the following seven major areas of the human experience:
          • sex & relationships
          • drugs & spirituality
          • power & politics
          • money & wealth
          • religious tolerance & terrorism
          • science (including environmentalism) & technology
          • health & fitness

This is a global movement. Your support is needed, whereever you happen to live. Wake up from the ride and stay woke.

I hope to hear from many of you here!

Links:

Watch us on YouTube

Follow us on Twitter

Join us on Facebook

Support The New Movement

About me:

My name is Yonas Yanfa. I'm 33 years old, born and raised in Canada. I graduated from the University of Waterloo in Computer Science.
          I watched your latest video, " Money and Wealth." It appears to be another take on Progressive politics and Politicising the system of free exchange. Each individual, each community, each Nation has their own interest, and what you propose is managing those interests by the committee in the UN and monetary system. News beak, the UN is one of the most corrupt and least accountable agencies in the world. If your goal is to attack corruption, it needs to start at the lowest level. Your notion of politicization is precisely the problem we are currently having. I don't like what my neighbor is doing, rather than discuss it with him, I abuse the power of the mob; government, internet, livelihood, etc. I may look at your other videos given time, but I'm not on board at this point.
          ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
          virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
          AVFM Mission Statement
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
            I watched your latest video, " Money and Wealth."
            Thanks, I appreciate it.

Each individual, each community, each Nation has their own interest...
            I agree.

...and what you propose is managing those interests by the committee in the UN and monetary system.
            I don't want the UN to manage our monetary system. Perhaps you're referring to Yanis Varoufakis's "Cosmos currency"? How many minutes/seconds into the video did I say this?

If your goal is to attack corruption, it needs to start at the lowest level.
            What do you consider to be the lowest level?

Your notion of politicization is precisely the problem we are currently having. I don't like what my neighbor is doing, rather than discuss it with him, I abuse the power of the mob; government, internet, livelihood, etc.
            Yes, for corruption that stems from a lack of understanding, simply talking with that individual would likely resolve the issue.

However, for the types of corruption that I'm considering fixing, it is not a matter of simply talking with that individual. They will have committed these types of corruptions knowingly and willingly. After considering the risks (eg. possible jail time) and weighing the rewards (eg. living in the lap of luxury), they decided to become unethical in their business / politics / etc.

I may look at your other videos given time, but I'm not on board at this point.
            Thanks for taking the time to share your comments so far. Looking forward to more discussion!

Watch us on YouTube

Follow us on Twitter

Join us on Facebook

Support The New Movement

Comment

No, not Judaism, or Confucianism and anything like.
              I mean here we are after 1000s of years of stuff that works...here we are...on the cusp of changing everything with no proof of efficacy

Exactly my point :-)
              If you come across anything I've proposed that seems like a regression, let me know and we can discuss. I've listed out all the topics on Reddit and made some YouTube podcasts.

Watch us on YouTube

Follow us on Twitter

Join us on Facebook

Support The New Movement

Comment

I watched your latest video, " Money and Wealth." It appears to be another take on Progressive politics and Politicising the system of free exchange. Each individual, each community, each Nation has their own interest, and what you propose is managing those interests by the committee in the UN and monetary system. News beak, the UN is one of the most corrupt and least accountable agencies in the world. If your goal is to attack corruption, it needs to start at the lowest level. Your notion of politicization is precisely the problem we are currently having. I don't like what my neighbor is doing, rather than discuss it with him, I abuse the power of the mob; government, internet, livelihood, etc. I may look at your other videos given time, but I'm not on board at this point.
                Im 54 and as Christmas approaches families are thrown together in ways they arent for the rest of the year.

The MIL (as in Cold as a Mother-In-Law's kiss) stayed over since Friday...let the turmoil begin.
                My Father gets the shits when I visit my Mother but neglect him.
                My Mother has the shits cos I forgot to call her on the anniversary of my Step-Father's death

This morning thought about parents and their parents and my son who is having a baby anytime now.
                That kid will have a living Great-Great-Grandmother who was on a boat in Sydney Harbour watching while they hoisted destroyed Japanese submarines from the water. She had just traveled by boat from Melb to Sydney.

I was musing on how my parent's generation are all compromised and a little fucked up.
                their parents, AND their Grand-Parents lived an early 20th century where everything was changing and being made apparently better.
                I gave some thanks for the special charmed place in history I occupied.

So here we are again on the cusp... of everything changing...you know, for the better. Phtt.

Seems to me the New Movement has the same old ideas that the Old Movement.
                We're talking Universal Basic Income and the Stasi keeping heads pure.

The thing that troubles me is that last time, 100 years ago there were legions of peoples that believed on both sides of the argument.
                Enough to fight and die from Russia to Cambodia.

Strauss and Howe are onto something.

Why is it lost the Millennial that their fucked up and corrupt ancestors carved a special comfy place for them in history by fighting off the Red Menace?

And I wonder what my own grandmother (who was possible one of the wisest people I've ever known) would have to say to the soon to be newest offspring in 20 years from now.

Sorry, I tried?

Its the arrogance and hubris that gets to me ... as if history's lessons were nothing more than Youtube videos or Biggles books

Comment

If you come across anything I've proposed that seems like a regression, let me know and we can discuss. I've listed out all the topics on Reddit and made some YouTube podcasts.
                  Hmm, as far as I can tell the New' reckons the Old is just stupid and corrupt rather than the product of complex societies and economies.

if I want to be called a stupid, bigoted, privileged, racist ... I'll sit down for another beer with my son.

I'll look at yr stuff ... even though Im betting that the whole canon is regressive, I will try to have an open mind.

I been on Earth 2x as long as you guys. Made yr mistakes before you were born and learnt a few things along the way.
                  My only living Grandparent has been here near 2x as long as me.

"If there is something in nature you dont understand, odds are it makes sense in a deeper way that is beyond your understanding. Just as there is a dichotomy in law:innocent until proven guilty as opposed to guilty until proven innocent, let me express my rule as follows: What Mother Nature does is rigorous until proven otherwise, what humans and science do is flawed until proven otherwise.
                  So when the (present) inhabitants of Mother Earth want to do something counter to nature, they are the ones that need to produce the evidence, If they can."
                  Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Antifragile

Comment

Seems to me the New Movement has the same old ideas that the Old Movement.
                    We're talking Universal Basic Income and the Stasi keeping heads pure.
                    The thing that troubles me is that last time, 100 years ago there were legions of peoples that believed on both sides of the argument.
                    Enough to fight and die from Russia to Cambodia.
                    We don't need to convert everyone. That isn't the goal. World domination isn't the goal. We aren't trying to reproduce Nazi Germany.

Its the arrogance and hubris that gets to me ... as if history's lessons were nothing more than Youtube videos or Biggles books
                    Right, I don't like arrogance, but I don't like sitting on my hands either. Don't be afraid to make a change in this world due to fear of starting World War 3. We can do better without spilling a drop of blood.

Watch us on YouTube

Follow us on Twitter

Join us on Facebook

Support The New Movement

Comment

... I don't like sitting on my hands either. Don't be afraid to make a change in this world due to fear of starting World War 3. We can do better without spilling a drop of blood.
                      dude, I know you believe yr a force for good but earnestly, you are starting WW3

Youre already talking about revision at law.

Law means War

In the last 3 months or so it appears that an unfounded and faceless accusation is enough to ruin employment, public office, or social standing.

Crime-Think much?

'Doing Something"... might be the same as rejecting this sort of New-Think out of hand.

Comment

Hmm, as far as I can tell the New' reckons the Old is just stupid and corrupt rather than the product of complex societies and economies.
                        I call it The New Movement simply to denote change is needed. You'll find in the welcome post that I recognize our social issues are complex, and that overly simple, compartmentalized, over night fixes won't work.

if I want to be called a stupid, bigoted, privileged, racist ... I'll sit down for another beer with my son.
                        :P

I'll look at yr stuff ... even though Im betting that the whole canon is regressive, I will try to have an open mind.
                        Much appreciated.

I been on Earth 2x as long as you guys. Made yr mistakes before you were born and learnt a few things along the way.
                        I'll keep an open mind as well with everything you have to share.

Watch us on YouTube

Follow us on Twitter

Join us on Facebook

Support The New Movement

Comment

dude, I know you believe yr a force for good but earnestly, you are starting WW3

Youre already talking about revision at law.

Law means War
                          We make revisions to law all the time, why would this mean war?

The heaviest revisions to law would not be done for the entire country. I'm proposing we carve out a section of every country that would be used by people that want to "go their own way", but remain within the constitution of that country, somewhat similar to Native American reserves/territories. Within these special states, people would be free to create a life worth living the way they see fit, instead of the way everyone else sees fit.

In the last 3 months or so it appears that an unfounded and faceless accusation is enough to ruin employment, public office, or social standing.

Crime-Think much?
                          Yes, we are living in an Orwellian world with thought-crime implemented via Twitter and social media mobs and kangaroo courts of public opinion. I've mentioned this as well. This is the problem of contributing to, and being the subject of, so called mainstream society, instead of your own tribe. A tribe can properly contend with a mainstream society. What we have now is the squeaky wheel gets the grease - the loud and obnoxious setting the agenda.

'Doing Something"... might be the same as rejecting this sort of New-Think out of hand.
                          By do something I mean actions, not words. Go outside and do something. Get involved with your community. Get involved with the world.

I'm sure you personally have by now, but there's still more to do for my generation.
                          Last edited by TheNewMovement; 12-17-2017, 09:08 PM.

Watch us on YouTube

Follow us on Twitter

Join us on Facebook

Support The New Movement

Comment

We make revisions to law all the time, why would this mean war?
                            We already have tribes where the Judiciary and the Executive, for the most part, make Law.

It sounds naive to talk global-tribal revision without being specific .

given that what 'is' comes from a very very long historical line ... what's wrong with how things are??

They will have committed these types of corruptions knowingly and willingly. After considering the risks (eg. possible jail time) and weighing the rewards (eg. living in the lap of luxury), they decided to become unethical in their business / politics / etc.
                            Tell me about this 'corruption' thing ... what revisions are you lobbying for?

Comment

We already have tribes where the Judiciary and the Executive, for the most part, make Law.
                              I would call those branches of the government instead of tribes. A "tribe" to me is a lot more tight nit, as though blood relatives. For example, a specific tribe will outlast a government's collapse - mainstream society, by definition, will cease to exist.

It sounds naive to talk global-tribal revision without being specific.
                              I've listed the specific revisions to law and politics here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheNewMovem..._and_politics/

There's also a YouTube podcast for that discussion.

given that what 'is' comes from a very very long historical line ... what's wrong with how things are??
                              Although I'm grateful to be alive in this time period more than any other in human history, there are a great number of things that need improving. I've broken down the issues into seven major sections:

sex & relationships
                              - 3rd wave feminism
                              - misandry
                              - men's rights

drugs & spirituality
                              - legalize marijuana and psychedelics, use them ceremonially for spiritual growth
                              - nurture spiritual development without God / any deity

power & politics
                              - political and business corruption
                              - university political bias
                              - low access to education

money & wealth
                              - major tax evasion
                              - "too big to fail" corporations
                              - extremely out of proportion executive salaries and bonuses

religious tolerance & terrorism
                              - attack on our freedom of speech (Charlie Hebdo, Paris)
                              - scams
                              - financial profitering
                              - sexual abuse
                              - psychological abuse
                              - war and murder

science (including environmentalism) & technology
                              - NSA spying (Edward Snowden)
                              - lack of secure operating systems for novice users
                              - patent trolling
                              - over consumption of social media is ripping apart the social fabric of how society works

health & fitness
                              - long, under-productive work weeks in North America
                              - obesity epidemic due to sugar
                              - lack of proper nutrition in school cafeterias and at home
                              - lack of exercise, sedentary lifestyle

Watch us on YouTube

Follow us on Twitter

Join us on Facebook

Support The New Movement

Comment

Working...
                              X