Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings From Pennsylvania

Hello.

I recently graduated college as a non-traditional student. I'm a creative writer and general book nerd, currently unemployed but actively trying to change that. I learned of the movement accidentally, by stumbling across videos by Karen Straughan and others. I've always been skeptical of feminism, and of progressives generally. I'm drawn to the MRM because I believe that men should be given the dignity and compassion that our society often denies them. I'm moved by the disparity in domestic violence resources for men, as well as in the preservation of due process for those accused of crimes. Though I have no children, I'm also sympathetic toward issues of family court discrimination. I hope I can add something productive to the conversation. I'm an introvert, but friendly once I get to know people. I'm hoping to be a positive, reasonable, and compassionate contributor to the community.

I'm currently unemployed, and to be honest, feeling stuck. I'm trying to change careers as a, shall we say, youth-challenged citizen. I've worked in retail and warehousing, but I don't want to do that going forward for a variety of reasons. I'm a reasonably talented writer, and I'm trying to figure out how to make those skills work for me. I went to college to facilitate that.

In any case, I'm glad to be here. I try to be thoughtful, and to bring new insight or perspectives to the conversation. I look forward to getting to know people, and to participating in the forums.

Best regards to all.

Note: edited for clarity and typos. I probably still missed a few. I'm better at catching them on paper.
    Last edited by FailureToCrash; 01-09-2018, 08:05 PM.

welcome to the forums
    Originally posted by MatrixTransform
    where were you before you put yourself last?
    Originally posted by TheNarrator
    Everywhere I travel, tiny life. Single-serving sugar, single-serving cream, single pat of butter. The microwave Cordon Bleu hobby kit. Shampoo-conditioner combos, sample-packaged mouthwash, tiny bars of soap. The people I meet on each flight? They're single-serving friends.

Comment

Welcome, I share that desire to add something positive to the conversation. I'm hoping to make a difference where I'm at.

Comment

Working...
      X