No announcement yet.

hi from Singapore

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi from Singapore

hi there

I'm a 51 yo male, never married, no kids. I put this down to the emotional neglect I went through as a child, together with the shaming from my narcissistic mother. I feel extremely sensitive to shaming and feminism repels me, because that is their core tactic. It's extremely manipulative and controlling.
    Third Wave Feminism in particular. I've followed feminism most of my life and would have said I was in agreement with its cause too, albeit i've never identified as one. Until Third Wave Feminism. In the 80's and 90s I was aware of the radical feminists such as Julie Bindel, and their separatist aspirations. All men are rapists etc. But i thought they had lost the fight and would die out. Little did I expect them to come back as Third Wave Feminism, but now with revised mantras that are more palatable to women.
    Then I found Karen Straughn. I don't necessarily agree with her all the time, but I have to admire her for the stance she takes. The same now goes for Cassie Jaye. It was very brave of her to dig deep and realise so much of what she took for granted was wrong.
    I've been writing a list of all the reasons I am against Third Wave feminism. Once I've finished it, I'd love to publish it somewhere to get feedback.

team vagina ... sigh
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one" - Charles Mackay

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee. - Donne

"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: 'I am a wretchedly longstanding victim; therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition.'
    "It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised." - Gladden Schrock

"What remains for most men in modern life is a world of expectation without reward, burden without honor and service without self" - Paul Elam

Welcome to the AVFM forums redrum. I'm 51 as well, 2 kids, an ex wife, and happily banging younger women in Central America.
      One of the lessons I learned was that it's better to be happy than to be right. Of course you're right. Feminism is a curse. It's evil, it degrades both women and men, But there's no point in obssevively trying to point these facts out. What do you hope will happen? Women will somehow have a "come to Jesus" moment and tell you that you are right? If that's what your hoping, then you don't know the first thing about female nature.
      You could publish a hundred books on this subject and it won';t make a difference at all. Just learn to be happy.
      “No one is free who has not obtained the empire of himself. No man is free who cannot command himself.”
      ― Pythagoras

Welcome and Hello!

Welcome to the forums.
          ethikē aretē--phronesis--eudaimonia
          virtue of character--practical/ethical wisdom--human flourishing

It is not a battle to win but an attitude to share.
          AVFM Mission Statement

Welcome Redrum.