Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible HIV Vaccine.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Possible HIV Vaccine.

    Apologies to Gatelis for helping get his original thread trashed. I think it's important enough news to keep a note of. When the anti-vaccination discussion starts move on unless you're interrested in that. This thread should only be discussion releated to the news of a successful phase one trial of an HIV vaccination.
    Regards,
    Seaforth.
    [color=#0000CD][b][size=small]

  • #2
    RE: Possible HIV Vaccine.

    My apologies as well. I was way to snarky.

    I'd like to reiterate my joy that so many people's suffering can be mitigated or even prevented with work like this. Still use a condom!

    Comment


    • #3
      RE: Possible HIV Vaccine.

      I for one am excited by this news. Granted there are bound to be some snags, as there always have been, but if this progresses into something concrete it will mean the salvation of millions, if not billions, of humans in the future. I mean, we eradicated polio through vaccination (despite what the idiots claiming vaccinations are worthless or harmful think) and that has saved countless lives.
      So here's hoping for a brighter and better tomorrow!

      Note: Also, can we, say, reinstate the first post of the last topic at all. Cut, paste, edit sort of thing?
      The greatest threat to our planet and our future is the mistaken belief that someone else will save it.

      Comment


      • #4
        RE: Possible HIV Vaccine.

        Originally posted by Deucalion
        Note: Also, can we, say, reinstate the first post of the last topic at all. Cut, paste, edit sort of thing?
        I wanted to encourage anyone new to the thread to check out the comments as well as the original post. When a thread gets trashed it's not just the work of the original poster that gets wasted.
        Regards,
        Seaforth.
        [color=#0000CD][b][size=small]

        Comment


        • #5
          RE: Possible HIV Vaccine.

          Originally posted by Deucalion
          I for one am excited by this news. Granted there are bound to be some snags, as there always have been, but if this progresses into something concrete it will mean the salvation of millions, if not billions, of humans in the future. I mean, we eradicated polio through vaccination (despite what the idiots claiming vaccinations are worthless or harmful think) and that has saved countless lives.
          So here's hoping for a brighter and better tomorrow!

          Note: Also, can we, say, reinstate the first post of the last topic at all. Cut, paste, edit sort of thing?
          Can you prove it?

          Vaccines didn't save us better living conditions did.

          http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/vaccines-didnt-save-us-intellectual-dishonesty-at-its-most-naked/
          http://www.naturalnews.com/Infographic-Firearms-vs-Doctors-Drugs.html

          Comment


          • #6
            RE: Possible HIV Vaccine.

            CrazyCanuckz, this recreated thread is for actual DISCUSSION on the vaccine, not your anti-vaccine platform. Take it back to the trashbin if you have nothing relevant to say about the vaccine itself.
            The greatest threat to our planet and our future is the mistaken belief that someone else will save it.

            Comment


            • #7
              RE: Possible HIV Vaccine.

              CrazyCanuckz,
              You and I have already screwed up one interesting thread. I will answer this point on the original thread.
              Regards,
              Seaforth.
              [color=#0000CD][b][size=small]

              Comment


              • #8
                RE: Possible HIV Vaccine.

                Originally posted by Deucalion
                CrazyCanuckz, this recreated thread is for actual DISCUSSION on the vaccine, not your anti-vaccine platform. Take it back to the trashbin if you have nothing relevant to say about the vaccine itself.
                But it is. I have a right uphold the truth. Am I not talking about vaccines? Just like men's right movement what have the right to speak up.

                I have the right to ask questions and claims.
                http://www.naturalnews.com/Infographic-Firearms-vs-Doctors-Drugs.html

                Comment


                • #9
                  RE: Possible HIV Vaccine.

                  Just because YOU and a small minority believe it DOES NOT make it absolute truth.
                  And I don't care if you're talking about vaccines, you are repeatedly throwing your anti-vaccination stance into a discussion about a single specific vaccine that is being discussed from a standpoint in which the science behind vaccination is considered to be valid.
                  At this point I'm assuming it's your intent to have this topic moved to the trashbin like the other thread in hope of shutting down discussion on the matter.
                  In other words, if your only talking point here is "vaccination is bad" then go create your own thread for it instead of derailing the topic further like a childish prick.
                  The greatest threat to our planet and our future is the mistaken belief that someone else will save it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    RE: Possible HIV Vaccine.

                    Originally posted by Deucalion
                    Just because YOU and a small minority believe it DOES NOT make it absolute truth.
                    And I don't care if you're talking about vaccines, you are repeatedly throwing your anti-vaccination stance into a discussion about a single specific vaccine that is being discussed from a standpoint in which the science behind vaccination is considered to be valid.
                    At this point I'm assuming it's your intent to have this topic moved to the trashbin like the other thread in hope of shutting down discussion on the matter.
                    In other words, if your only talking point here is "vaccination is bad" then go create your own thread for it instead of derailing the topic further like a childish prick.
                    I'm not anti anything. I'm not even anti feminist like some people on here. Just like Men's rights movement i like to spread truth. But then I'm accused being a troll right from the beginning. If I am a troll so are the men's rights movement.

                    If I am breaking any rules then i will get banned otherwise I can do wish as long it's done legally.

                    Btw just being here a few days I do see why the men's rights movements leaves a bad impression. If you're going to be rude like this how do you expect feminist to be kind?
                    http://www.naturalnews.com/Infographic-Firearms-vs-Doctors-Drugs.html

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      RE: Possible HIV Vaccine.

                      So I wonder how this vaccine is going to affect birth rates. I wonder are people going to be more or less responsible with sex? I know I have found way to have raw sex with 0 STDs and 0 births. I am pretty content to screw often. So I wonder how it will be when this vaccine hits the market?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        RE: Possible HIV Vaccine.

                        Originally posted by DOOM
                        So I wonder how this vaccine is going to affect birth rates. I wonder are people going to be more or less responsible with sex? I know I have found way to have raw sex with 0 STDs and 0 births. I am pretty content to screw often. So I wonder how it will be when this vaccine hits the market?
                        I think there are enough other STD's going around that a vaccine for this one probably won't have a substantial effect on sexual behavior. Perhaps "POS" and "NEG" will eventually fall from use, if you know what I mean.

                        This TEDTalk is relevant, I think.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          RE: Possible HIV Vaccine.

                          Being someone who turned 13 the year they worked out that AIDS was caused by HIV, I don't think I would ever feel safe having unprotected sex with an unknown partner.

                          Just recently I've heard there are two second generation female condoms just coming to market. I don't need them any more but will definitely look out for them - the old ones had a certain comedic value, but I always found guys were happy that I was taking the initiative, and got it why when I explained about my latex allergy

                          Once had to visit 4 pharmacies to get non latex male condoms with Beloved. Was so glad when he got the snip!
                          Be still and cool in thine own mind and spirit.
                          George Fox

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            RE: Possible HIV Vaccine.

                            You can not fight with mother nature. Mother nature always wins. Only way to get rid of disease is to be a truly good person.


                            [video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0JU03CGFrU[/video]
                            http://www.naturalnews.com/Infographic-Firearms-vs-Doctors-Drugs.html

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              RE: Possible HIV Vaccine.

                              Originally posted by CrazyCanuckz
                              You can not fight with mother nature. Mother nature always wins. Only way to get rid of disease is to be a truly good person.


                              [video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0JU03CGFrU[/video]
                              Now I know you're a moron. Emoto is a fraud (by his own admission) and you're a troll. You've contributed nothing of substance with ANY of your posts and I suspect your IQ is lower than the temperature of the room I'm sitting in (72).

                              Can we ban this idiot troll now?
                              The greatest threat to our planet and our future is the mistaken belief that someone else will save it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X